Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

He just needs one of those games which builds his confidence and he'll be away. Blobby went on a run because 2-3 games everything was hit straight at him and made him look good. From then his confidence grew and he actually put in a couple of decent performances to match the praise he was getting.

Sometimes you get that game instantly like Krul, others have to wait. Rafa has seen something in him and this season is perfect for any player coming in needing to adjust.

He just needs one of those games which builds his confidence and he'll be away. Blobby went on a run because 2-3 games everything was hit straight at him and made him look good. From then his confidence grew and he actually put in a couple of decent performances to match the praise he was getting.

Sometimes you get that game instantly like Krul, others have to wait. Rafa has seen something in him and this season is perfect for any player coming in needing to adjust.

I would agree for an outfield player, but if we were playing against a lot of teams in this league we could have got punished today for his flapping. I'm not sure we can afford to fuck about when playing away from home against physical teams.

I didn't see the game at all, other than the goal and some brief highlights but the reports make this a huge concern, we've gotten away with it so far, but he's going to start costing us goals, games and points soon unless he picks it up. We can't afford to wait for a keeper to get in form, we've got an adequate replacement along with a quality keeper soon to return from injury surely. I would make the change now before it costs us.

It´s not a f***ing huge concern. Chill the f*** out. He was the best keeper in Belgium last season. He hasn´t cost us any goals so far. Let him come good.

More to do with the shit quality of opposition than anything else. I do agree he needs time, but he does look pretty turd at the moment.

He's also not having the 'benefit' of facing a barrage of shots at him like Elliot and Darlow when they first got their chance so it's not like he can make 5-6 saves to make him look good. He'll be fine imo.

He looks suspect because he's facing fewer shots by lesser players in a lower league?

Optimistic or nuts?

Play Darlow in the cup game, depending on his performance should depend if he replaces Sels for the next game

I'm all for giving players a chance but hes looked really dodgy in every game including pre season

concerns are that he'd already been identified as a bit of a flapper rather than a catcher in belgium, before he had even played for us.

No different to Elliot and Darlow though, both very poor in the air.

I've thought hes looked dodgy as fuck since his very first pre-season game and I would prefer Darlow but that's not to say he wont improve once he adjusts and gets his mistakes coached out of him.

Would have rather have started with Darlow though, knows the league and performed well for us at the end of last season in the prem.

From the 4 minutes of highlights I have seen of our last 3 games and from the Fulham game.  He looks a bit nervous and shit at dealing with crosses.  Has palmed shots straight to the opposition on 3 occasions, I think. 

Bit hard to judge how good/bad he is, based on the Fulham game and very limited highlights, though.  It is a bit of a worry, that it is being discussed by Rafa and the media, though.

Play Darlow in the cup game, depending on his performance should depend if he replaces Sels for the next game

I'm all for giving players a chance but hes looked really dodgy in every game including pre season

I'm not meaning to tempt fate, but I'd like to think whoever plays against Cheltenham Town will not have a chance to give a 'performance'.