Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

Guest RafaelBenitez

He needs to shave his hair off and embrace the baldness and become Pepe Reina 2.0.

Loves a good punch.

I'm starting to like him... But I do like Darlow :(

Guest neesy111

That save at the end was great.

Palmed it back into a dangerous area though, didn't he? DIDN'T HE?

Better ask the goalkeeper experts on here....

Not sure on his kicking, like. Doesn't seem to get an awful lot of distance.

Wasn't that the plan though?

To me it looked like he was trying to hit the wingers or Diame, no point in hoofing it all the way to Perez or it's just going to come straight back at us

Not sure on his kicking, like. Doesn't seem to get an awful lot of distance.

Wasn't that the plan though?

To me it looked like he was trying to hit the wingers or Diame, no point in hoofing it all the way to Perez or it's just going to come straight back at us

They seemed to be floating up into the air, though. Surely if he's been told to give it short we should have people coming for it and keeping it on the deck?

Shouldn't take much for him to push past Mignolet on the Belgium depth chart, considering the latter is crap. Obviously the fact he plays in division lower hurts him for the time being.

Be just fine if he turns out to be the Pepe Reina to Courtois' Iker Casillas.

• 2 weeks later...

Mojo - That's how I feel as well, I'm still really nervous about him and there's been a few occasions where his punches have just been headed towards trouble and against quality opposition we are actually going to get punished. If we go straight back up I feel like I'd have Krul back here starting with Sels as back up unless he really improves considerably.

3 clean sheets in a row and not being at fault for any goal this season suggests to me he's doing something right

Stats don't really mean everything, I've seen him punch balls directly to opposition players in our box at least 3 times this season where they've only just missed. As I said in my last post it's only because the quality is lacking in this league that he hasn't been punished yet.

Don't want to be negative about him, but he just doesn't look convincing at all to me. I'd be quite worried if there isn't an improvement and he is our #1 in the PL next season.