Matz Sels

Guest hindu times

Mojo - That's how I feel as well, I'm still really nervous about him and there's been a few occasions where his punches have just been headed towards trouble and against quality opposition we are actually going to get punished. If we go straight back up I feel like I'd have Krul back here starting with Sels as back up unless he really improves considerably.

you can't really point to anything and say he's really shit at it but then it's also hard to point at something he excels at either, he certainly doesn't inspire any confidence (in me anyway)

he's decent with his feet mind, there's that

Still not really sure what to make of him. He's definitely looked better in the last couple of games but I feel as if I'm just waiting for him to make a mistake that'll cost us a goal.

Hopefully all these clean sheets are doing wonders for his confidence.

This Sels discussion is so absurd.

"just waiting for him to make a mistake that´ll cost a goal" applies to every fucking keeper in the world :lol:

"not sure on his kicking" seemingly applies to every fucking goalie around where people are unable to find any other glaring weaknesses

If we can get through most of the season without noticing Sels much, while at the same time we keep a lot of clean sheets, I would say he has done pretty fucking good job.

Why do people get so defensive when others say they have reservations with a player? :lol:

I hate the random vitriol that gets spouted about players before they've even been given a chance, but I haven't seen that with Sels. People are concerned because he's had a few shaky moments, hopefully he's just bedding in.

Still not really sure what to make of him. He's definitely looked better in the last couple of games but I feel as if I'm just waiting for him to make a mistake that'll cost us a goal.

"just waiting for him to make a mistake that´ll cost a goal" applies to every fucking keeper in the world :lol:

"not sure on his kicking" seemingly applies to every fucking goalie around where people are unable to find any other glaring weaknesses

If we can get through most of the season without noticing Sels much, while at the same time we keep a lot of clean sheets, I would say he has done pretty fucking good job.

i'm the opposite of him with this, i'm waiting for him to do something that saves an outright goal and maybe wins us some points, suspect he might grow in confidence if/when that does happen

"just waiting for him to make a mistake that´ll cost a goal" applies to every f***ing keeper in the world :lol:

"not sure on his kicking" seemingly applies to every f***ing goalie around where people are unable to find any other glaring weaknesses

If we can get through most of the season without noticing Sels much, while at the same time we keep a lot of clean sheets, I would say he has done pretty f***ing good job.

i'm the opposite of him with this, i'm waiting for him to do something that saves an outright goal and maybe wins us some points, suspect he might grow in confidence if/when that does happen

He did it against Brighton

"just waiting for him to make a mistake that´ll cost a goal" applies to every f***ing keeper in the world :lol:

"not sure on his kicking" seemingly applies to every f***ing goalie around where people are unable to find any other glaring weaknesses

If we can get through most of the season without noticing Sels much, while at the same time we keep a lot of clean sheets, I would say he has done pretty f***ing good job.

He did it against Brighton

sadly i didn't see it, so it didn't happen

He hasn't costed us a single goal yet :lol:

The whole criticism is absolutely ridiculous, even if he were as bad as people are acting like he's been then it's only natural considering his age and being in a new country.

As said before everybody says they want to give foreign players time and when it comes to be putting their money where their mouth is nobody actually wants to.

Even ignoring that he's been nowhere near as bad as most are saying from what I have seen.

Maybe I didn't word that quite right. What I meant was when we had the likes of Given and Krul in goal my thinking was that the opposition would usually have to score a decent goal to get past them whereas I don't have that confidence in Sels where I'm sort of expecting him to make a mistake because he still looks pretty nervous.

The last couple of seasons he wasn't at his best but I still felt he was a good, safe keeper. It must have been difficult playing behind Coloccini and Steven Taylor.

so glad these are gone

It underlines how good a transfer window we had getting rid of the deadwood on huge salaries regardless of our incomings.

Aye it is. I remember the legendary late Pav also did not start off too well playing in this country. Remembered him being sent off in our first season back in the Premier League and was even replaced by Mike f***ing Hooper by Keegan some months into that season. Pav even got sent off again at Leicester on the opening day of the season and Beardsley had his cheekbone shattered.

Sels is always going to be under pressure but he'll adapt to the game here.

Btw, R.I.P Pav. Sadly missed everyday.