Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

With Mitro now banned, can we even afford to sell him?  I find it hard to believe we'd be far enough down the road of finding a replacement to justify it, seems like another Carroll situation.

If we get $35m for him I would carry him there, regardless of a replacement coming in or not.

Seriously though we hardly have a history of doing the right thing and bringing a replacement in before we sell. I doubt we will offload him tbh just because we won't get anyone else. Remy would be an equivalent in being knackered and hit and miss effective.

With Mitro now banned, can we even afford to sell him?  I find it hard to believe we'd be far enough down the road of finding a replacement to justify it, seems like another Carroll situation.

If we get $35m for him I would carry him there, regardless of a replacement coming in or not.

Seriously though we hardly have a history of doing the right thing and bringing a replacement in before we sell. I doubt we will offload him tbh just because we won't get anyone else. Remy would be an equivalent in being knackered and hit and miss effective.

Aye we can just play the big pile of cash up front instead

More useful in the premiership than Gayle. 

:thup: This is the kind of fan Ashley wants. And has created. toontownman, give your head a shake.

Okay, scratch my previous post. You're just an idiot.

O0

No the Gayle dig was too good an opportunity not to take up. Don't be so tetchy. Just the kind of paranoid tin foil coat hanging fan reaction Ashley has created and loves to laugh at.

We blatantly aren't in a position to let any strikers go unless we bring better strikers in first.

*Edit* and I should say sorry for being an idiot. but as you see it comes naturally.

O0

No the Gayle dig was too good an opportunity not to take up. Don't be so tetchy. Just the kind of paranoid tin foil coat hanging fan reaction Ashley has created and loves to laugh at.

We blatantly aren't in a position to let any strikers go unless we bring better strikers in first.

*Edit* and I should say sorry for being an idiot. but as you see it comes naturally.

Fair enough. I just think some of our fans aren't used to the concept of having a squad. Having players fight for their places is a good thing, we shouldn't be flogging them precisely because we don't really have a functional squad.

Guest chopey

Does Ashley have previous for selling a striker just before window and then not replacing him ? ......to the transfercopter

O0

Fair enough. I just think some of our fans aren't used to the concept of having a squad. Having players fight for their places is a good thing, we shouldn't be flogging them precisely because we don't really have a functional squad.

Aye. Even with what we have got we are at least a striker short. I remember us having 5 which is really required, maybe less so if we only play one up top.

I think pretty much everyone that has said they'd be fine with Gayle going is on the previso that he is replaced using the funds created.

If not then obviously it wouldn't be a good deal no matter how much the fee, common sense really.

I feel bad for Gayle, He dropped down a league to help us get back up first time believing he'd have a better manager with him in the premiership

Works both ways. If Rafa is willing to cash in it is because he doesn't feel Gayle will develop to be a better playing with him in the premiership or more importantly he has someone lined up to come in he thinks will work better. It's playing with fire though. He has scored goals in the premiership, just hasn't been a solid starter to prove he can be consistent to nail down a starting place.