Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

No clue which way around this is.

And Ryder...

Think Gayle is better at his job than cairney, it would be a better deal for them than us.

I'd still take Cairney, mind. Think he's a good solution to our #10 issue. Didn't play there when Fulham mullered us but he was played deeper to allow him more time on the ball.

If they even dare doing the 'Dwight Gayle has handed in a transfer request' bollocks with this one. [emoji38]

They'll have had him in a room all day telling him if he puts the transfer request in they'll let him go home to watch Wrestlemania

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Has anyone found out why Gayle turned up 4 hours early for training, then went straight back home? :lol:

He thought it was a morning training session, but it was an afternoon one.

I'd do that deal. Cairney is more versatile and fills an area we are really lacking in.

Leaving us with Joselu and Mitrovic? no thanks.

Yup. That's basically admitting we'll score less than 40 goals this year. Relegation would be a near certainty.

Craigy now saying the Fulham bid was £12m, we went back and asked for a swap with Cairney and Fulham told us to f*** off.

That's derisory for a player with his goal ratio to games played last season, yet they wanted 20 million for Cairney !

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matt-smith-reveals-truth-behind-13563484

Matt Smith has revealed the truth behind a reported Deadline Day swap deal behind Fulham's Tom Cairney and Newcastle's Dwight Gayle.

Fulham had attempted to sign the Newcastle striker on the final day of the Transfer Window, but the move fell through with Gayle wanting to stay on Tyneside before reports stated a swap deal between Cairney and Gayle was being touted.

Newcastle had been interested in Cairney earlier on in the window before he signed a new contract at Craven Cottage, and speaking to BBC Fighting Talk, Smith revealed he was sat next to Cairney watching the TV, with both confused when the reported swap was announced.

He said: "It was my best mate Tom Cairney at Fulham, he's not leaving, which means I've still got my next door neighbour and my coffee partner after training which is good.

"I was actually sat with him on the sofa watching Deadline Day and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it goes we're hearing Tom Cairney is in for a swap deal with Dwight Gayle and I looked at him and said 'T, I've been sat with you for two hours and you've not mentioned a thing' and he's said 'I don't have a clue about this one!'"

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/matt-smith-reveals-truth-behind-13563484

Matt Smith has revealed the truth behind a reported Deadline Day swap deal behind Fulham's Tom Cairney and Newcastle's Dwight Gayle.

Fulham had attempted to sign the Newcastle striker on the final day of the Transfer Window, but the move fell through with Gayle wanting to stay on Tyneside before reports stated a swap deal between Cairney and Gayle was being touted.

Newcastle had been interested in Cairney earlier on in the window before he signed a new contract at Craven Cottage, and speaking to BBC Fighting Talk, Smith revealed he was sat next to Cairney watching the TV, with both confused when the reported swap was announced.

He said: "It was my best mate Tom Cairney at Fulham, he's not leaving, which means I've still got my next door neighbour and my coffee partner after training which is good.

"I was actually sat with him on the sofa watching Deadline Day and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it goes we're hearing Tom Cairney is in for a swap deal with Dwight Gayle and I looked at him and said 'T, I've been sat with you for two hours and you've not mentioned a thing' and he's said 'I don't have a clue about this one!'"