Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

What should be happen is he should come deeper to get the ball and turn and the other forwards go beyond him. If that actually ever happened it would be like witchcraft. :lol:

The general IQ of the side is low hence poor match management and endless panic.

He doesn’t even try for balls in the air man. When we’re camped in their half often times he’s just waiting as an outlet on the wing somewhere and ball cleared centrally ends up back in defenders possession. He’s worthless.

I'd play one of the kids or a winger out of position over Joselu and Gayle at the minute. Hopefully Slimani means we don't need to resort to that, but if he's unanavailable for any games, I don't think these two have shown anything to warrant a place. The service has been limited fair enough, but they show very little of any substance on or off the ball and miss match-winning chances.

Think that's harsh. What is he meant to do with long balls up to Sakho and Tomkins. Don't get me wrong he wasnt good, but he's a poacher/finisher and has nothing to feed off.

He's had chances that a poacher/finisher should be poaching/finishing the last month and he's failed badly at that too.

Guest firetotheworks

They were on the shoulder balls in the first half. He still didn't do enough, his decision making, positioning, and yes, effort, weren't acceptable.

They were on the shoulder balls in the first half. He still didn't do enough, his decision making, positioning, and yes, effort, weren't acceptable.

Is it lack of effort? He looked similar last season before he went on his scoring streak. He's all about goals, if he's not scoring them he offers virtually nothing else.

Not playing his best but two clearances off the lines to keep us in front and a wonderful flick for the goal.

:clap:

He was actually vital to our win today, maybe forgotten a bit, but those two incidents were huge.

Not playing his best but two clearances off the lines to keep us in front and a wonderful flick for the goal.

:clap:

He was actually vital to our win today, maybe forgotten a bit, but those two incidents were huge.

They really were, but i loved the flick more for some reason, just perfect.

In games like that we need everyone putting a shift in, even if they're not offering a massive goal threat. We need them to keep plugging away, causing the opposition problems and hoping something comes up. Gayle did that excellently today I thought, and the same goes for Perez and even Joselu at the end.

Gayle's flick on for the goal was very clever and he should have won us a penalty.

In games like that we need everyone putting a shift in, even if they're not offering a massive goal threat. We need them to keep plugging away, causing the opposition problems and hoping something comes up. Gayle did that excellently today I thought, and the same goes for Perez and even Joselu at the end.

Gayle's flick on for the goal was very clever and he should have won us a penalty.

Had a poor game overall but the bold bit is undeniable and not enough has been made of the little flick for the goal. Knew exactly what he was doing and what was going on round him.