Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest firetotheworks

Like all of our players, I'm reluctant to have a go at them when the problem is their quality rather than their effort, but I'm questioning his effort now tbh.

Like all of our players, I'm reluctant to have a go at them when the problem is their quality rather than their effort, but I'm questioning his effort now tbh.

Not even trying to go for that Haidara cross and that offside in the first half stank of laziness rather than lack of ability mind.

Guest firetotheworks

Not even trying to go for that Haidara cross and that offside in the first half stank of laziness rather than lack of ability mind.

Exactly.

Pretty sure he's not good enough at this level but there are still times he surprises me, his ability to take a ball down when he's 1v1 or even 1v2 for instance - unfortunately his next touch is all too often wayward.

Saw him getting called out for Sunday league stuff when he was offside but Hazard was caught offside also in similar circumstance.

He's just not premier league level, remember how he bottled the Hull Game last season and my first thought was he was really going to struggle in the premier league, he's just not up to this level, i can't believe a striker and our #9 will choose to pass that ball into Ritche rather than having a shot at goal in the first half.

He's literally contributed nothing to where we are this season. Would have been better off with hindsight snapping Fulham's hands off in August and going with Joselu & Perez as the strikers.

Fair point, though we’d have all kicked-off if he’d gone without replacement and it would have been a hell of a risk (that said, doubt Mitro would have done any worse if he’d played more).

He's playing on the shoulder constantly, even when his nearest man is 30 yards away. He isn't going to work in Rafa's system, he isnt strong enough to play alone. It's sad but it isn't going to work out for him. Plus he has mystery issues that have always been vague and mystical.