Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest Howaythetoon

Of all our players I’d back Gayle in front of goal more than the rest, although last season he looked shot confidence wise and seemed to be trying too hard which meant he missed a lot of chances he should be putting away. He’s not the best player, but he gives the team something that helps us a great deal when he is playing well like he did at home to Arsenal. If he put a few of his chances away last season, he would be worth a fortune now.

But we still have Josleu... :lol:

Of all our players I’d back Gayle in front of goal more than the rest, although last season he looked shot confidence wise and seemed to be trying too hard which meant he missed a lot of chances he should be putting away. He’s not the best player, but he gives the team something that helps us a great deal when he is playing well like he did at home to Arsenal. If he put a few of his chances away last season, he would be worth a fortune now.

No chance. Perez is definitely a better finisher.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d say he scores better goals, I wouldn't say he is a better finisher. He too missed some very good chances.

If both could finish at this level though...

Guest Howaythetoon

I disagree, Perez has much better technique.

At putting away moves I’d agree, one on one or with the goal at his mercy I’d fancy him to fluff his lines more than Gayle.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair play man  :)

Sadly they are both not the best of players. I like Perez though, if only he was a tad quicker and stronger. I do think he tries too hard too or expends a lot of energy which makes him look like a bit of a plodder. He’s technically very good. I know he has to graft in Rafa’s system as the team needs that, but he has certain qualities that quality players have. We just don’t see much of it or only in flashes which is frustrating, especially when he falls over the ball, runs it our of play or gets knocked off the ball so easily. I do think Rondon would be a great foil for him though, potentially anyway.

Agree with your points. I'm a proper Perez fanboy though, have been since he arrived here. He just has that technique that's a joy to watch when he's on his game, which when coupled with his rare work rate for the type of player he is, I rank him as considerably superior and more important to the team than Gayle.

He is, but  Gayle is more of a natural poacher, and he gets in goalscoring positions more often. I don't agree with the theory that he's lost something, I reckon he could easily score a hatful next season...providing he stays fit.

Didn’t realise he was 29 in October.

He’s simply not done enough to take his opportunity at this level, sadly. He’s a step up from your consistent Championship goalscorers like Grabban, but he’s not quite up to leading the line in the PL.

He’s simply not done enough to take his opportunity at this level, sadly. He’s a step up from your consistent Championship goalscorers like Grabban, but he’s not quite up to leading the line in the PL.

He wasn't 29 in October.

He wasn't 29 in October.

He is though. Semantics.

He wasn't 29 in October.

Typo. Thanks for letting me know.