Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Gayle and Mitro would bag 20+ goals given a full season in the Championship. Or close to it.

Wor Joselu? Nope. Nah. No. A dozen perhaps, most being headers. Although maybe with confidence he could do better.

It's confidence that's gotten to Gayle this season. I reckon he could grab 12-15 goals with a back wind. But in the PL he won't get the opportunity.

Been given 1 penalty all season it’s beyond a joke.

Gayle is also wank as fuck. I love his effort and commitment but by god we need an entire new striker line.

i remember even though he was on fire last season we had the game at Hull in the cup who were a premier league side back then, he played 120 minutes and was a disaster, that was  a good sign that we needed to replace him with someone better the minute we get up.

Need an upgrade definitely but hope it's someone that makes similar runs to him that we get. Even though his finishing has been terrible, a lot of our chances are coming from Shelvey picking him out

Need an upgrade definitely but hope it's someone that makes similar runs to him that we get. Even though his finishing has been terrible, a lot of our chances are coming from Shelvey picking him out

Agree with this, his movement is spot on. Real shame his finishing ability lets him down.

That is a very good point. Shelvey seems to instinctively know where Gayle will be, he needs him in the team to play at a level we need him to. With any new striker that comes in there will be a period to adapt if Shelvey is still the driving force behind our attacking play next season (I'm not convinced he will be).

Imagine being 10th in the league with Gayle, Perez and Joselu as the three people who've spearheaded your attack all year.

#BestLeagueInDaWorld

I don't mind Gayle at all, to be honest. His movement is great but it's clear his confidence is absolutely shot and has been for some time.