Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Imagine being 10th in the league with Gayle, Perez and Joselu as the three people who've spearheaded your attack all year.

#BestLeagueInDaWorld

I don't mind Gayle at all, to be honest. His movement is great but it's clear his confidence is absolutely shot and has been for some time.

I'm all for shitting on our players and division, but I think I've come to the realisation that most everyone is shit. All the good and/or promising players are in the top 4-6 teams in every division. 10th place in Spain have the following strikeforce:

Sergi Enrich

Kike

Charles

They've scored 41 goals this season. Those players have 3/7/7 goals respectively.

Eeeryone is shit apart from the big money lads.

(And I agree with Gayle, but I would probably get rid on the basis of him being a confidence player. I don't think he'll ever be starting week-in week-out, so he's pretty useless to us)

Imagine being 10th in the league with Gayle, Perez and Joselu as the three people who've spearheaded your attack all year.

#BestLeagueInDaWorld

I don't mind Gayle at all, to be honest. His movement is great but it's clear his confidence is absolutely shot and has been for some time.

I'm all for shitting on our players and division, but I think I've come to the realisation that most everyone is shit. All the good and/or promising players are in the top 4-6 teams in every division. 10th place in Spain have the following strikeforce:

Sergi Enrich

Kike

Charles

They've scored 41 goals this season. Those players have 3/7/7 goals respectively.

Eeeryone is shit apart from the big money lads.

(And I agree with Gayle, but I would probably get rid on the basis of him being a confidence player. I don't think he'll ever be starting week-in week-out, so he's pretty useless to us)

He could be an invaluable sub. Coming on when we're winning by the odd goal. No pressure to score, just a pacy outlet for counter-attacking.

I reckon it'd be better to have a sub who was fast and could score too.

Point is, he can score, but the pressure/lack of confidence is affecting his composure. Remove the pressure and he'll likely have more success.

After all I'm pretty sure that is how he made his name.

Obviously if we can sell him for £15 million and get a pacy forward who can score and will sit on the bench until the last 15 mins, for free, then that's a no-brainer.

I do not believe that us winning a game by a few goals is going to help him find his shooting boots. I don't think there is a solution other than him starting every damn game. And I'm not sure that's a risk I want us to take anymore.

Saying that, we'll sign nee fucker, so given the options, I would prefer he just started every damn game. :lol: :(

I do not believe that us winning a game by a few goals is going to help him find his shooting boots. I don't think there is a solution other than him starting every damn game. And I'm not sure that's a risk I want us to take anymore.

Saying that, we'll sign nee fucker, so given the options, I would prefer he just started every damn game. :lol: :(

I'm not saying that using him as sub, will turn him into a starter. Just that he can be effective as that sub. No need to spend £20 million on that sub.

I reckon it'd be better to have a sub who was fast and could score too.

It would be nice to have one of those in the first team never mind as a sub. They usually cost a fortune though, and generally the best teams are also in for them.

I'm not saying that using him as sub, will turn him into a starter. Just that he can be effective as that sub. No need to spend £20 million on that sub.

AND I'M SAYING, THAT USING HIM AS A SUB IS THE WORST WAY TO USE HIM AND I'D RATHER WE SOLD HIM AND USED ARMA OR SOMETHING. HE'S A SHIT SUB.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to see him go tbh. A consummate professional and a vital, influential player for two years in a row. Regardless of his limitations in the Premier League, he was absolutely critical to promotion and played a huge part in our revival last year. And his departure is totally and utterly unnecessary.

Sorry to see him go tbh. A consummate professional and a vital, influential player for two years in a row. Regardless of his limitations in the Premier League, he was absolutely critical to promotion and played a huge part in our revival last year. And his departure is totally and utterly unnecessary.

Yep, good luck to him. :thup:

Both. :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I never really warmed to him tbh. I can't really put my finger on why either because he was great in the Championship