Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Had a few injuries and never quite looked the same player when he came back. Honestly think he’s shot but will be happy to see if he turns round and scores 20 next season for WBA.

Assuming they don’t also get promoted. As their stadium is a bloody mess and they deserve every bad thing they get after appointing Pulis and Pards.

Had a few injuries and never quite looked the same player when he came back. Honestly think he’s shot but will be happy to see if he turns round and scores 20 next season for WBA.

Assuming they don’t also get promoted. As their stadium is a bloody mess and they deserve every bad thing they get after appointing Pulis and Pards.

I thought he was starting to regain his sharpness towards the tail end of last season. I'd fully agree that before that point he looked a different player and somewhat jaded though :thup:.

I thought he was starting to regain his sharpness towards the tail end of last season. I'd fully agree that before that point he looked a different player and somewhat jaded though :thup:.

:thup:

Already said I wouldn't be surprised at all if he scores 20+ goals again this season. He missed some sitters last season but lots of top strikers have had those spells. He's not Premier class obviously, but he's still got great positional sense for a striker so for me he'll always score goals at that level.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-complete-rondon-loan-signing

Gayle scored 23 times during the Magpies' 2016/17 Championship-winning season but found goals much harder to come by in the following Premier League campaign, netting on six occasions.

A touching tribute there.

Found the article a bit odd, almost having a dig at him for only scoring 6 goals BUT perhaps not realising the guy that's replaced him only scored 1 more goal than him despite playing many more minutes.

Perfect signing in the circumstances; did everything asked of him and was responsible for some great memories that season (Norwich, Leeds and Huddersfield being the stand-outs). Genuinely thought he'd make a decent PL striker, but never was the same player after those injuries it seems.

Perfect signing in the circumstances; did everything asked of him and was responsible for some great memories that season (Norwich, Leeds and Huddersfield being the stand-outs). Genuinely thought he'd make a decent PL striker, but never was the same player after those injuries it seems.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-complete-rondon-loan-signing

Gayle scored 23 times during the Magpies' 2016/17 Championship-winning season but found goals much harder to come by in the following Premier League campaign, netting on six occasions.

A touching tribute there.

Don’t like Gayle at all but that absolute shittery from the club. Dicks.

Great signing for us in the Championship and expect him to be the same for West Brom. Unfortunately injuries and low confidence were a factor last year. I think he is a confidence player and that is one trait we can't have. Hope he scores a ton and gets that confidence back. 

How can you 'not like Gayle at all'? :lol:

I've been through this like a hundred times. Watching him play for us, knowing the ability he had, is more frustrating than any other player in the team. I know Joselu is shite, does what it says on the tin, but Gayles decline is worse than Cisse's, yet everyone hated him. I just can't abide seeing a striker miss chance after fucking chance.

Hope he does well at West Brom and we sell him for £30m though, that cash will help decorate Mike's house.

Don't think it's anywhere near as bad. Really strange comparison.

Cisse was bashing them in for us in the PL, then the decline set in after his first half-season.

Gayle on the other hand bashed them in a sub-par league, as expected. Got a serious injury which hampered him just as much mentally as it did physically, then came back to the league which he'd never set on fire like Cisse had and worked his arse off (unlike Cisse) to constantly chase down defenders and get himself in good positions. He never stopped trying.

All the best to him, I hope he does well there.

How can you 'not like Gayle at all'? :lol:

I've been through this like a hundred times. Watching him play for us, knowing the ability he had, is more frustrating than any other player in the team. I know Joselu is shite, does what it says on the tin, but Gayles decline is worse than Cisse's, yet everyone hated him. I just can't abide seeing a striker miss chance after fucking chance.

Hope he does well at West Brom and we sell him for £30m though, that cash will help decorate Mike's house.

Every goalscorer goes through a lean spell, at some time. I know it is frustrating but it's a bit much to hate on somebody. I bet you're one of those cunts who always gives 110% though, aren't you? Probably team leader in a call centre.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

WBA didn't want Gayle on a permanent.

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

That's more like it.