Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?I don’t get the hate for Gayle and by loaning him out we have weakened our squad. I’m sure we could have got 10m + for him if we wants to sell him. Why not even offer a straight swap for Rondon?

That's more like it.

Howay man, HTT don't do paragraphs.

How can you 'not like Gayle at all'? :lol:

I've been through this like a hundred times. Watching him play for us, knowing the ability he had, is more frustrating than any other player in the team. I know Joselu is shite, does what it says on the tin, but Gayles decline is worse than Cisse's, yet everyone hated him. I just can't abide seeing a striker miss chance after fucking chance.

Hope he does well at West Brom and we sell him for £30m though, that cash will help decorate Mike's house.

Every goalscorer goes through a lean spell, at some time. I know it is frustrating but it's a bit much to hate on somebody. I bet you're one of those cunts who always gives 110% though, aren't you? Probably team leader in a call centre.

Manager, and not in a call centre, but close ;-)

Gayle was magnificent in the Championship season – if he’d stayed fit all season then he’d have probably broke the 40 goal barrier! His record was ridiculous – one every 93 minutes - especially when he didn’t take pens after missing at home to Huddersfield!

All the very best to him – I loved his celebrations of winding up opposing fans after goals – Leeds and Huddersfield away were tremendous!

Simply never looked the same player since his hamstring went ping in Jan 17 and had he stayed fit then I honestly think he’d have hit about 40. Hope he goes to West Brom, scores loads and comes back full of confidence, got no axe to grind with him. He could still be useful in the PL coming off the bench but he relies so much on his pace that if he doesn’t trust his legs then he’s not going to contribute too much.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like he's started well for West Brom: -

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/what-west-brom-newcastle-united-15055697

Gayle has made three Championship appearances for Albion, coming off the bench for the last half hour of the 1-1 draw at Nottingham Forest and starting the 4-3 victory at Norwich City and the 7-1 drubbing of Queens Park Rangers.

He has scored once and created three goals for his team-mates.

Gayle was left on the bench for the Caraboa Cup win over Luton Town.

"He persevered and got his goal in the end and we’re delighted for Dwight.

"All the games he’s been involved in, he’s been in the thick of the action in terms of winning penalties, hitting the post at Forest.

"He’s always a threat to the opposition.

"That’s a sign of a good striker, when you’re always a threat and always in the game.

"He’s won two penalties, scored a goal and worked tirelessly for the team and got a standing ovation and rightly so."

Paul Suart, BirminghamLive's Albion writer, on Gayle:

Dwight Gayle might just be the piece that’s been missing from the West Brom jigsaw since Peter Odemwingie acrimoniously left.

For years, Albion have yearned a nippy forward who can defend from the front, finish instinctively and play off a bigger striker.

In the evidence of his first three games, Gayle ticks all the boxes.

He so nearly got off the mark on his debut, striking the post at Nottingham Forest minutes after he was introduced.

The Newcastle loanee’s industry led directly to both Jay Rodriguez goals in the win over Norwich City.

In the rout of QPR, Gayle won another two penalties for Rodriguez to dispatch.

And Gayle finally got his just rewards with a goal midway through the second half.

The first of many, no doubt.

Quite frankly anyone who was part of the team in the Champo is good peoples to me; be it shit now or not, they worked their fucking bollocks off and I enjoyed that season to no end. Still awesome to think back to the day we won the league, that damn Graelish goal etc. So awesome.

Quite frankly anyone who was part of the team in the Champo is good peoples to me; be it shit now or not, they worked their fucking bollocks off and I enjoyed that season to no end. Still awesome to think back to the day we won the league, that damn Graelish goal etc. So awesome.

jack-colback-close-up-laughing-newcastle-united-nufc-650x400.jpg