Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

Guest neesy111

He's not a number 9, he can play behind an actual striker and would do great.

Behind? The best thing about him is making runs on the shoulder of the last defender, not exactly a link man

This.  He's not a number 10 at all.

Really bad miss. Not a lot else to say about his match, because that miss defined it.

Those are the sort of misses which usually makes me write off a striker, but Ian Holloway did say in the studio that his finishing is usually excellent, and he should know, so I'm going to hope this was just one of those days.

Punting it 60 yds on a regular basis to this short arsed fucker isn't really playing to his strengths, is it?

That being the case we were playing the wrong centre forward like.

We weren't punting the ball 60 yards to him today though, our football was good enough in the first half to have won two games comfortably.

Behind? The best thing about him is making runs on the shoulder of the last defender, not exactly a link man

Probably not behind but more alongside someone who could share the goal scoring burden with him, would love to see him and Mitro together.

Probably not behind but more alongside someone who could share the goal scoring burden with him, would love to see him and Mitro together.

can't be a burden until he begins scoring!

i'm still somewhat taken aback at his lack of pace relatively speaking, thought he'd be leaving championship defenders in his dust but he seems really laboured to me and therefore doesn't offer enough threat in behind, yedlin has the sort of pace i thought we were going to get from gayle