Dwight Gayle (now playing for Hibernian)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

657 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

This poll is closed to new votes

I love the 'woaaaaaaah' from the toon fans as the ball is floating towards Green.

There's a cracking picture of Shelvey berating Colback for that pass as well just before Green drops it to Gayle :lol:

Was he involved much despite his goal? I'm hoping this means Rafa has abandoned some of the long ball s*** we'd been playing in the previous 2 games which made him totally ineffective.

We've always tried to get the ball in behind for him to run out to and has worked for most of the season, that had to change with his injury with Murphy and Mitrovic needed balls into them rather than in behind. Players just struggling to transition back to how we were playing before Gayle's injury.

Even though he'd been out injured for a while I didn't realise he'd slipped to being the 2nd top scorer in the Championship. Hopefully that will be an extra incentive for him to score more goals and end top scorer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Only took Chris Wood 900 minutes to get 2 more than Gayle. Any one near to Gayles minutes played has scored half.

"It's the other hamstring, so we think that it will be another hamstring problem,"

"It's too early (to say if he's out for the season). It could be, but it's too early."

All over I bet.

"It's the other hamstring, so we think that it will be another hamstring problem,"

"It's too early (to say if he's out for the season). It could be, but it's too early."

All over I bet.

6 weeks minimum normally, innit?

Does he have a history of injuries/hammy issues?

The problem with Murphy is you can see what he's going to try 5 seconds before it happens. He's just the definition of Championship predictable. Without Gayle we've got a rubbish attack and we all know it.

He reminds me so much of Bellamy. Unbelivable speed but once he starts sprinting, it makes you wince thinking he might pull up. It was the same for me when Bellamy would chase down the ball.

History of hamstring problems. I think that is why he spent a lot of time as an impact sub at CP which is how I think he may spend next season. This grueling season in the championship has taken it's toll and I fancy the season is over for him, Bloody shame because the guy is like lightening and is a natural.

We've released a statement about his injury which doesn't really tell us anything

Newcastle United can confirm that Dwight Gayle sustained a hamstring strain in his right leg during United's 2-1 defeat against Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

Dwight is currently undergoing tests to determine the severity of his injury so it is not yet known how long the player may be out injured.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/statement-dwight-gayle

Hopefully he'll be back for the playoffs