Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I'm a fan of his. Good player  brilliant attitude, drives his team mates on, and he adapted to that more defensive role in the second part of last season superbly but he's talking absolute horse shit there.

Fancy describing Mike Mike Ashley, a proven liar on multiple occasions, as honest  :lol:

It’s likely part of a PR campaign.

We need more people like Chopra to come out and give the truth. I’m sick of us being told to know our place and accept this shell of a club and the mediocrity that goes with it. Of course we can’t compete with the financial clout of City and that but if Rafa had stayed I could see us breaking the top ten this season with the level of spending Bruce has had. Who knows what we could have done the following season.

A lovely day out at the cup ffs.

First thing that came to mind when reading that tweet was how he and the other players acted over their bonuses. Ashley wasn't an honest man then was he. Best thing is, we supported the players over that because we know what Ashley is like, now he just sticks the knife in. Never had a problem with him before, impressed with his work rate and commitment, he is on my shit list now :(

Has anyone ever actually said we should be competing with City?

It comes out in so much of this bullshit that there must be some quote somewhere where we've collectedly decided that we should be winning the league.

Ritchie can fuck off.

He must be loving Bruce being here, tailor made for each other. He'll be the first name in the side when fit.

As a player I don't actually mind him but he is mediocre and limited. One of the players that should have been improved upon if we were a club who wanted to improve. Decentish back up as a squad player and he does seem highly motivated but as another player there you must get pissed off seeing his angry mush screaming at you all the time especially when he is hardly perfection alot of the time.

Comparing us to Bournemouth as well. Just nah.

He actually says he knows Bournemouth is/was a smaller club n'all. If that's the case, why can we not compete with them, Matt? The radge fucking prick.

Fwiw I think he'll be completely found out this season.

He looked okay filling in at wing back under a well drilled, solid Rafa team that spend a lot of time working on defensive shape. He wont look anywhere near as competent at right back under Bruce, thats for sure. He's not good enough to be a winger either, total inability to beat his man, questionable delivery and a total lack of pace renders him ineffective.

Shouts at his team mates and kicks things when hes substituted so is assumed to be a leader in the dressing room, so he gets away with it a bit. In terms of actual footballing ability and effectiveness on the pitch he's championship level at best and itll become absolutely clear this season.

He looked okay filling in at wing back under a well drilled, solid Rafa team that spend a lot of time working on defensive shape. He wont look anywhere near as competent at right back under Bruce, thats for sure. He's not good enough to be a winger either, total inability to beat his man, questionable delivery and a total lack of pace renders him ineffective.

Shouts at his team mates and kicks things when hes substituted so is assumed to be a leader in the dressing room, so he gets away with it a bit. In terms of actual footballing ability and effectiveness on the pitch he's championship level at best and itll become absolutely clear this season.

Doubt it. He'll be fitter than ever  ;). One of the best headerers and runna's Steve's ever seen.

Why do you think he's in favour of Mike Ashley? He's a low level player who can only hope to play at a club like this while we are shit and struggling to keep up with Bournemouth.

Same goes for your Colbacks and other champo rejects.

If I was getting paid 50 grand a week, I'd probably think like Ritchie too. I wouldn't care who the owner is. But I also wouldn't be stupid enough to criticise fans who have the long term future of their club in mind.

While his comments aren't great, he's been one of our most committed players over the last few season, one of the main reasons we got promoted, and generally leaves it all on the pitch.

I think it's pretty fickle to let one set of comments completely change my opinion of the block tbh.

While his comments aren't great, he's been one of our most committed players over the last few season, one of the main reasons we got promoted, and generally leaves it all on the pitch.

I think it's pretty fickle to let one set of comments completely change my opinion of the block tbh.

Commited in what way? Because he runs around a lot? In our first season back up he was woeful for large periods of the season. He was decent in the championship tbf, but he's a championship player.

Rafa has a knack for getting the best out of disciplined but limited players. Under Bruce he'll be woeful.