Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

I don’t think Richie gets the credit he deserves for what he’s done here at times but it’s pretty clear to see he’s not up to the pace to be a first team regular so this new contract for both him and Shelvey is a bit baffling.

What’s worse is Longstaff and Manquillo really should have been priorities and there hasn’t been a word about either of them.

I don’t think Richie gets the credit he deserves for what he’s done here at times but it’s pretty clear to see he’s not up to the pace to be a first team regular so this new contract for both him and Shelvey is a bit baffling.

What’s worse is Longstaff and Manquillo really should have been priorities and there hasn’t been a word about either of them.

Lets be honest, Manquillo - for as steady as he's been - is another one we should be upgrading on.

Lets be honest, Manquillo - for as steady as he's been - is another one we should be upgrading on.

100%. Players like him lower our expectations when they go through purple patches.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Two lads who shouldn't be near the first team getting new contracts...only reason I can think for this is that they want to recoup some cash and need to increase the contract lengths to encourage higher transfer fees

100%. Players like him lower our expectations when they go through purple patches.

Not pointing fingers here but I think a problem with our (and probably other) fan base is when a player starts off shit he’s then shit forever. I used to think Manquillo was our worst player by a distance but his form this season has been good. He now looks notably better than both Yedlin and Krafth and if we were to lose him for nothing we wouldn’t replace him with anyone as good. Definitely should be given a new deal and it makes sense from a financial perspective too.

Two lads who shouldn't be near the first team getting new contracts...only reason I can think for this is that they want to recoup some cash and need to increase the contract lengths to encourage higher transfer fees

Who in their right mind would buy them? Stoke? Fulham?

thats the the theory, but not the reality.

with the limited budget the fat cunt will give the other fat cunt to give the other fat cunt this summer - RB isnt a priority whilst we have manquilo. would rather sell krafth or yedelin even for £2-3m to add to the "kitty".

Hope they both rejected any kind of relegation wage decrease clause and bleeds the club dry when we're relegated.

As if these two crocks could ask for a relegation clause. :lol:

These are the perfect players for Ashley, championship plodders who won't mind going down as long as they are at a 'big club'.

Hope they both rejected any kind of relegation wage decrease clause and bleeds the club dry when we're relegated.

These are the perfect players for Ashley, championship plodders who won't mind going down as long as they are at a 'big club'.

Shelvey a "Championship" plodder. Jesus Christ man  :lol: :lol:

I think the Ritchie renewal isn't great. Done a decent job for us, but it's not the time to sign him up for further years.

Shelvey a "Championship" plodder. Jesus Christ man  :lol: :lol:

I think the Ritchie renewal isn't great. Done a decent job for us, but it's not the time to sign him up for further years.

Shelvey looked like a mix of Ballack and Pirlo in the championship. he just doesn't step it up as much as he should in the premier league.