New club captain

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't really like the idea of signing someone and making them captain straight away but then again we don't have much captaincy material in the squad either. I'd probably give it to Krul if he stays

Lascelles by a country mile from that list and realistically from our current crop of players.

Only Krul as another option I could make a case for, the others are too spineless, too volatile, too prone to go hiding for days on end, or simply too shit to consider.

Age isn't a barrier for me. The lad has heart and leadership. Our 'Terry' maybe...without being a complete cnut.

I get the clamour for Lascelles, I just wonder if Rafa would be prepared to give the armband for someone so young? How would it go down with more experienced players? Definitely for leadership qualities he's the right man for the job.

I get the clamour for Lascelles, I just wonder if Rafa would be prepared to give the armband for someone so young? How would it go down with more experienced players? Definitely for leadership qualities he's the right man for the job.

May be just the wake up call and reality check some of our 'more experienced players' need in all honesty.

Siem De Jong would be my choice if he was fit and a sure starter, but he's not and could be gone. Always felt Sissoko would get it as Rafa seems to rate him and I think when he's all-in he seemed to thrive on it late last year....but IMO it should go to Lascelles or someone new we sign who is a legit proven captain.

If he was fit and regularly playing, I think De Jong would be the natural choice.

But he gets papercuts for breakfast, so I would give youth a chance and put the armband on Lascelles. Bold move but he's a good lad and seems a leader.

May be just the wake up call and reality check some of our 'more experienced players' need in all honesty.

Also, any senior player who hasn't stepped up and shown leadership qualities himself shouldn't really have any problem in following someone who has, regardless of his age.

Tiote was our stand in captain before and seemed to do a good job but doubt he will be around for much longer.

I think personally Anita would be a good choice if he was in the team. Other than that only lascelles as everyone else had said. De jong will be crocked as usual so no point mentioning him

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Based on what though? He has absolutely zero credentials. Nothing.

hes from the area, he gets stuck in. I really hope Rafa can see him for what he is absolute dross but just wouldn't surprise me