Isaac Hayden

I think he did the job required of him, contributing to promotion and being a good enough player for PL consolidation. Personally think he's a good defensive midfielder and he usually played well enough when called upon. Feels like he should have left when he indicated he wanted to move back down south, but even this season he scored a crucial goal and played well when called upon. 

Right decision considering our midfield options now and that we're improving, but I hold him in high regard and wish him the best. 

Guest HTT II
14 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Bit harsh like. [emoji38]

Nah, he has been nothing but a nothing player for us even when he had good spells he still looked like a bang average Championship level type of player, no redeeming footballing attributes whatsoever other than his character which can’t be questioned, he’s a good lad, but that’s about it. Hopefully he will find a decent club and have a decent career, he’ll likely, however, spend more time on the injured list…

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Nah, he has been nothing but a nothing player for us even when he had good spells he still looked like a bang average Championship level type of player, no redeeming footballing attributes whatsoever other than his character which can’t be questioned, he’s a good lad, but that’s about it. Hopefully he will find a decent club and have a decent career, he’ll likely, however, spend more time on the injured list…

He falls into the same bracket as Ritchie, Clark, Gayle etc. for me: signed to get us promoted and to keep us up. He did that but now he's been here 2-3 seasons too many. He's put a shift in a centre mid, centre back and right back. May not be the most gifted but we've definitely spent more on other players who have contributed far less than Hayden. Chipped in with the odd goal, too. Good luck to him.

Guest HTT II
Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

He falls into the same bracket as Ritchie, Clark, Gayle etc. for me: signed to get us promoted and to keep us up. He did that but now he's been here 2-3 seasons too many. He's put a shift in a centre mid, centre back and right back. May not be the most gifted but we've definitely spent more on other players who have contributed far less than Hayden. Chipped in with the odd goal, too. Good luck to him.

Can’t disagree with that to be fair, I just find him strictly as a footballer, a nothing player, he’s done well to get to where he has and we’ve done awful to still have the likes of him and the others you’ve mentioned on our books, that’s Ashley for you though! Those days are now thankfully over and so is the likes of players like Hayden at our club. His best spell was with Diame in midfield for me.

26 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He's not good enough for us at this point, but you could say that for most of the squad. Before the takeover we were a shambolic club, so his type of player were about par for the course.

We will be seeing more players of this calibre quietly being moved on. It's nothing personal, we just have higher ambitions now.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Hughesy said:

Always liked Hayden - it'll be a shame to see him go.

Haydens world does not end with the four walls of SJP. The Premier Leagues a big place. When he's finished with Newcastle, there’s Fulham, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds. 

He has been and still is a very decent player. Whether that's enough to keep him at the club given our shifting ambitions, time will tell. But whatever his future I wish him well.

His versatility was really useful when we weren't allowed to sign cover for various positions under Ashley and there's definitely players you'd move on before him, but you'd like to think we'll let him go with our best wishes. 

Best wishes, i still get annoyed at some of the stick he got particularly in the bruce era. Not the highest quality but always worked hard, played through some tough personal circumstance and still think people underestimate the job he did in Rafa's 3-4-3 when we briefly looked a proper team again. Hope he gets premier league footy

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

Unless I’m reading too much into it, pretty much confirms he won’t be here past this season imo. 

been a great servant to us over the years, wish him well

Did anyone catch what he said at the end in his convo there? Something like 'this is the best I've ever seen it' (from the fans)?

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

Unless I’m reading too much into it, pretty much confirms he won’t be here past this season imo. 

been a great servant to us over the years, wish him well

The lad in the crowd crying on the lap of honour :lol: I'm not laughing at him. I'm just laughing from the same place those tears are coming from. Magical, man.