Grant Hanley

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 1 month later...

Doesn't seem like we'll get rid of this guy. Hopefully a desperate Champo club will make a move soon. Probably wont affect our "incomings" anyway :( Sorry for the bump if you thought he was on his way now.

I guess we'll have to loan him out. Strange that all the players bought specifically for the Championship (e.g. Hanley, Sels, Lazaar, etc) were given so well paid, long contracts. Unless NUFC thought they'd be stuck in the Championship, why the long contracts? Why the big wages? Surely a Rafa managed NUFC would have been an attractive prospect for these players, meaning we didn't have to pay more than 'normal' Championship wages? The fees paid last Summer are less than this Summer so you wouldn't think they'd be that hard to offload.

Rafa or not, we weren't going to attract anyone with 1-2 year contracts. Sels and Lazaar were misses - Hanely was bought to be a first choice CB (or at least competing for it). Hard to fault and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go in the next few days.

I guess we'll have to loan him out. Strange that all the players bought specifically for the Championship (e.g. Hanley, Sels, Lazaar, etc) were given so well paid, long contracts. Unless NUFC thought they'd be stuck in the Championship, why the long contracts? Why the big wages? Surely a Rafa managed NUFC would have been an attractive prospect for these players, meaning we didn't have to pay more than 'normal' Championship wages? The fees paid last Summer are less than this Summer so you wouldn't think they'd be that hard to offload.

I said then and I'll say it now. Rafa bought some utter shite.

I said then and I'll say it now. Rafa bought some utter s****.

Good job Pards had a bullet proof portfolio.

Don't think Sels and Lazaar were bought specifically for the Championship and then we expected them to bugger off once we got promoted like Murphy. I think we expected them to be a lot better than they were and they'd be members of the squad in the Prem. But they've both turned out to be useless.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/yes_data.gif

Seems like he served his purpose.  Did he put much of a foot wrong when he played?  Don't recall any clangers or people moaning about him?