Grant Hanley

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally prefer Hanley over Lascelles from the little I've seen of him.

Me too actually, or not much in it. Though if playing to the strengths of what we have in the squad, rather than religious adherence to the system, I'd like to see a prolonged run of Hanley flanked by Lacelles and Clark with two wingbacks--or maybe Lascelles (or Mbemba for that matter, also not convinced there's much in it)  in the middle so he could bring the ball out Tony Adams style, from time to time.

He's better than Hanley but in all honesty he shouldn't be our starting CB/captain next year.

He's young and still learning, I'd be happy to see him starting next season on the proviso we brought in an experienced centre half who could hopefully bring him on a bit.

• 1 month later...

Probably in the bracket of "very minor knock but don't want to play in meaningless international matches" type of injury.

Which I completely agree with fwiw. Our squad being fit and performing well in these last few crucial games is a lot more important than a pointless match against Canada and a qualifier against Haris Vuckic's lads.

Probably in the bracket of "very minor knock but don't want to play in meaningless international matches" type of injury.

Which I completely agree with fwiw. Our squad being fit and performing well in these last few crucial games is a lot more important than a pointless match against Canada and a qualifier against Haris Vuckic's lads.

That Slovakia game is a pretty crucial game I would've thought

Aye, it is. I have absolutely no time for international football during the season though.

It isn't really like. It's an awful group of teams which England will walk through with ease. I don't know anyone with any interest in this game whatsoever. I only found out they were playing Slovakia 5 minutes ago when I read it on here.

It isn't really like. It's an awful group of teams which England will walk through with ease. I don't know anyone with any interest in this game whatsoever. I only found out they were playing Slovakia 5 minutes ago when I read it on here.

It's a crucial game if you're a Scottish international wanting to play in a World Cup not a Newcastle fan not interested in Scotland being at the World Cup

It's a crucial game if you're a Scottish international wanting to play in a World Cup not a Newcastle fan not interested in Scotland being at the World Cup

:lol: missing the point poty right there

• 1 month later...