Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

It's more about the way Rafa sets his teams up. He likes to have a fairly solid base then hit teams with pace on the break. Not dissimilar to Leicester last season, so yeah,  reckon he'll want a defensive midfielder in there.

Could we play Diame and Shelvey together? Do we really need a dedicated holding player?

It's more about the way Rafa sets his teams up. He likes to have a fairly solid base then hit teams with pace on the break. Not dissimilar to Leicester last season, so yeah,  reckon he'll want a defensive midfielder in there.

Think there's a good chance we'll use him in the 10 position, same role Rafa had Sissoko playing.

Can still then have Hayden and Shelvey CM (ignoring inevitable Colback)

Think there's a good chance we'll use him in the 10 position, same role Rafa had Sissoko playing.

Can still then have Hayden and Shelvey CM (ignoring inevitable Colback)

A completely pointless signing if he does considering all the "10s" we have and little to no CMs outside of Shelvey. Not to mention it relegates Perez to the wing or the bench.

Maybe he will play Diame at no10, with Perez and Ritchie either side of Gayle/Mitro.

Then he could have say Hayden and Shelvey deeper, in theory it could be a pretty decent way to play it, only thing is I don't think Perez is effective playing there he should be no10 and nothing else unless we're desperate.

Nice to have another option though.

I think Perez absolutely has to be our number 10. He has all the attributes to be a success with his intelligence and vision and he'll be able to make runs from deep even more effective than Gini was because of his experience as a striker.

Don't agree with putting him out on the wing, he's wasted out there even as a WF and because he's clearly our best player technically he needs to be in the centre.

I think Perez absolutely has to be our number 10. He has all the attributes to be a success with his intelligence and vision and he'll be able to make runs from deep even more effective than Gini was because of his experience as a striker.

Don't agree with putting him out on the wing, he's wasted out there even as a WF and because he's clearly our best player technically he needs to be in the centre.

As much as I like the idea of Perez as a no. 10, he was much more effective coming off the left as a wide forward last season IMO. Through the middle, I think teams will get extremely tight to him and crowd him out; he's not the strongest and, despite having great footwork, lacks the balance/centre of gravity to keep the ball in congested areas. Kirchhoff in particular absolutely manhandled him in the last derby. More than happy to be proven wrong mind, and this is the Championship at the end of the day I guess.

Let him play in the #10 as many games as possible. He is intelligent and with time he will learn how to master this role perfectly. He is not perfect but with a lot of time in the same position I'm certain he will shine more and more.

I don't think he will play as a winger if he is put to RW. He will come closer to Diame and Mitro/Gayle and Ritchie will be hugging the line left hand side. One reason is that we don't have an attacking LB and Janmaat will be bombing the right side, so Perez or whoever plays right forward has to cut inside to make room for Janmaat. Both fullbacks won't be attacking under Rafa anyway

Guest ElCid

:

Seems to have went a bit quiet on this one with none of the usual suspects reporting any updates.

Caulkin claiming medicals for both in the last half hour.

Ta :thup:

As much as I like the idea of Perez as a no. 10, he was much more effective coming off the left as a wide forward last season IMO. Through the middle, I think teams will get extremely tight to him and crowd him out; he's not the strongest and, despite having great footwork, lacks the balance/centre of gravity to keep the ball in congested areas. Kirchhoff in particular absolutely manhandled him in the last derby. More than happy to be proven wrong mind, and this is the Championship at the end of the day I guess.

Have to reluctantly agree with this, Perez has wonderful skill and touch, but he did get a little lost when playing through the middle last season. Too easy for bigger players to knock him off the ball. I think he looks best up front, hopefully with Mitro missing the first 4 games he has a chance to make an impact.

Pete GravesVerified account ‏@PeteGravesSky  3m3 minutes ago

For those asking, expect absolutely no problems in #nufc pursuit of Diame and Clark. Expect both to be completed soon.

For those asking, expect absolutely no problems in #nufc pursuit of Diame and Clark. Expect both to be completed soon.

Love to know if people like this actually have any information.

Love to know if people like this actually have any information.

Probably not, seems like an easy guess at this time. Even though he has given news before.