Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Guest firetotheworks

People just love to moan like, makes them look geet clever.

I honestly think that people judge players on looks and style to a large extent. The whole good touch for a big man thing and all that.

He runs with a languid gait, therefore it's automatically the whole he's like Shola, he's proper lazy etc. Meanwhile Perez has been total shit for ages and gets the benefit of the doubt, while Diame's seen as shit despite playing much better than Perez and having showed way more throughout his career. I'm guilty of it with Harry Kane like, the bloke is the personification of a donkey and I thought he'd be a one season wonder, but he's obviously a very good striker.

Guest firetotheworks

He has from the moment he signed, Perez has been absolutely desperate this season, and poor for a year and a bit before that. He's only recently been getting stick for it though.

Guest neesy111

Let is know when he starts playing much better than Perez.

Perez was dog shit when it was 11 v 11 btw.

Both aren't good enough.

[emoji38] How about you do the same for all of our players? We were down to 9 men, if you're going to criticise him, at least do it on something fair.

My comment is from what I saw last night. I have no opinion on him in general either way to be honest, he`s not great neither is he completely shit in. I was being fair, Anita tried really hard and helped out massively. Hayden, Ritchie and Yedlin ran themselves into the ground whilst we had 9 men having played all match. If you could find the stats and take it from when he came on everyone did more running, more pressing...well more everything, he was no help and didn`t look bothered either.

I think people (.com included) fail to understand how difficult it is to be subbed on in a game and immediately come up to the pace of the game. Especially for defenders or in the circumstances last night, where we were under pressure relentlessly due to having 2 less men (3, counting the ref).

Anita came on at HT and was under pressure for a lot of the first 15-20 minutes that he was on the pitch, making a couple of mistakes and being dominated down that side. Eventually, he got a lot more comfortable and played well enough in the end.

It's much easier to be a sub coming into a team where you are the attacking side, because you have constant momentum behind you.

Not defending Diame, because he's been very poor overall last season. But he's being completely thrown under the bus, .com's article is embarrassing to that effect. We didn't lose the game because Diame wasn't a world beater, we lost the game because we conceded two scrappy shit goals (one being offside), that the goalkeeper and defenders should have done better with.

I think people (.com included) fail to understand how difficult it is to be subbed on in a game and immediately come up to the pace of the game. Especially for defenders or in the circumstances last night, where we were under pressure relentlessly due to having 2 less men (3, counting the ref).

Anita came on at HT and was under pressure for a lot of the first 15-20 minutes that he was on the pitch, making a couple of mistakes and being dominated down that side. Eventually, he got a lot more comfortable and played well enough in the end.

It's much easier to be a sub coming into a team where you are the attacking side, because you have constant momentum behind you.

Not defending Diame, because he's been very poor overall last season. But he's being completely thrown under the bus, .com's article is embarrassing to that effect. We didn't lose the game because Diame wasn't a world beater, we lost the game because we conceded two scrappy shit goals (one being offside), that the goalkeeper and defenders should have done better with.

I get that and I have not read any articles, I mentioned it as I wondered if anyone else noticed. I suppose when he came on I expected him to be as fired up as us supporters from all the injustice but I just didn't see it really.

With Shelvey being banned we might get to see decisively if Diame is as bad as so many on here seem to think. I wouldn't judge anybody on the basis of playing 15 mins when you are down to 9 men.

Don't think anyone can disagree with Rebellious on this one. He's not blaming him for the defeat, saying he's been shit all season etc.

The absolute minimum you expect from a substitute when you are under pressure and down to ten, let alone nine, is to run their arse off for the 15 minutes they're on the pitch and match the effort of their team mates that have been been doing it for 75 mins already and he simply didn't. Regardless of the type of player you are, that shouldn't be happening. To a lesser extent the same applied to Mitro.

With Shelvey being banned we might get to see decisively if Diame is as bad as so many on here seem to think. I wouldn't judge anybody on the basis of playing 15 mins when you are down to 9 men.

Nobody's doing that though are they? He's turned in plenty of bad performances.

He's not a number 10 imo. With Shelvey out, we may have the opportunity to see what he can do from further back in the midfield.

Maybe he has, often when I'm watching he's not as bad as others seem to make out. One of the reasons I was really pissed with the sending off, I've not been that convinced by our midfield this season so I wanted to analyse it to see where the problems might lie. That all went out of the window when Shelvey got sent off.

His best game for us by an absolute mile. Quality cross for the first goal, nearly a lovely dinked assist for Gayle in the second half too when Kuszczak tipped it wide and just generally grafted his arse off all game. More of this from now on hopefully.

His best game for us by an absolute mile. Quality cross for the first goal, nearly a lovely dinked assist for Gayle in the second half too when Kuszczak tipped it wide and just generally grafted his arse off all game. More of this from now on hopefully.

:thup:

Was excellent today. Hopefully gives him confidence to produce more consistent good displays