Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

Well yeah, but finishing chances every now and then is pretty important if he's going to play there and if he's not then he better be pretty great at other stuff.

You'd overlook over flaws more if he'd got even 2-3 by now.

Would like to see him in Shelvey's position tonight, we need to find an alternative to Shelvey as he can't play there every game.

Would be really strange seeing our midfield without Shelvey now

I don't think Rafa trusts Diame to play in a midfield 2

Think he should be restricted to sub appearances until he sorts his shit out.

Still don't see how putting him in at CM will be a good idea, hes been nothing but sloppy so far this season, misplacing passes and running into trouble, we don't need that in midfield.

Just let Colback potter on while Hayden does all the work if Shelvey isn't playing.

Still don't see how putting him in at CM will be a good idea, hes been nothing but sloppy so far this season, misplacing passes and running into trouble, we don't need that in midfield.

He'd have much more room to play passes playing in CM rather than just behind the striker. Shelvey would be much less effective as an attacking midfielder because there's much less space to play in

He'd have much more room to play passes playing in CM rather than just behind the striker. Shelvey would be much less effective as an attacking midfielder because there's much less space to play in

Will also need a wider range of passing, which I can see going down well...

Yep. So far his control and passing are the things that have let him down at important times, so I wonder how that would translate in the middle of the park. He HAS worked his socks off though and he presses the opposition well at times, creating space for others with his movement. But needs a run on the bench until he figures out what's been bothering him so far. Both Perez & Mitro have earned the right to replace him now.

As if its only his finishing that's letting him down. His all round game has been extremely underwhelming on an individual level. Possibly because he's in the wrong position, possibly not.

I disagree, he's had good moments and bad moments. If he'd finished the chances he'd had, the overall perception of him would be totally different. Look at Gayle, he hasn't played badly aside from him goals, but chances/goals are pretty much his sole contribution. He's a quiet player aside from that. Perez scored and assisted the other day and suddenly the last 18 months never happened.

Yep, Dwight Gayle was Shite Gayle when he went a couple of games without scoring. Same with Perez then he scores two and gets an assist on Saturday. Diame's a good player at this level, some fans just need to wind their necks in and enjoy the season.

The Shite Gayle stuff was a pisstake wasn't it? :lol:

Anyone who was saying he's poor in-front of goal after the first half against Norwich were just being reactionary, he'd scored 4 in 7 before that game (5 in 8 at half time).

I think Diame has been underwhelming but he definitely has something about him. I've wanted to see him tried out in CM like he was in his Wigan and early West Ham days, mainly because if Shelvey gets injured we're fucked there.

EDIT: Perez has been shite for ages. Although he's had a couple of games where he's been the best player on the pitch. Obviously has a lot of talent but he's hardly making a meaningful contribution every time he plays.

The Shite Gayle stuff was a pisstake wasn't it? :lol:

Anyone who was saying he's poor in-front of goal after the first half against Norwich were just being reactionary, he'd scored 4 in 7 before that game (5 in 8 at half time).

I think Diame has been underwhelming but he definitely has something about him. I've wanted to see him tried out in CM like he was in his Wigan and early West Ham days, mainly because if Shelvey gets injured we're fucked there.

EDIT: Perez has been shite for ages. Although he's had a couple of games where he's been the best player on the pitch. Obviously has a lot of talent but he's hardly making a meaningful contribution every time he plays.

I'm not disagreeing, I've been critical of Perez for a while now but he's obviously got talent but hasn't produced on the pitch until now. I just think Diame's shown enough to not get that worked up if he starts. I'm pretty sure most of our championship rivals would happily take him off our hands.

Crumpy not holding back any punches, as usual :lol:

Crumpy was slagging Rafa off after a couple of bad results so not sure I'd take his opinion too seriously mind.

I don't think anyone's taken him seriously since the inception of N-O.

Guest firetotheworks

Probably one of the worst players I've ever seen.

I literally can't get over how much of a vile and disgusting human being he is. He makes me sick.

Aye he made that horrendous miss but hopefully these goals will boost his confidence and it can take off from here for him. I'm sure he's aware he hasn't been up to standard so far and will want to show what he's got.