Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

He's always been capable but prior to the last 3 games just didn't look like he could show it which was immensely frustrating. I'm glad he's starting to turn it round.

Can't deny he's been frustrating, like. but he has always imposed himself on games. Luckily for us his frustrations haven't led to him giving up.

If we can maintain our lead on 3rd place until Diame leaves, I'd be happy if Rafa gave Peres the opportunity to prove he is worth keeping.

With Yedlin and Ritchie playing down the right wing, Gouff coming inside as a support striker, Peres can just hang around the space on the left, He's scored a few goals from that position.

I thought he would be played alongside Shelvey when we signed him. He's been doing well of late, but I wonder if he might have more long-term use as a holder who has the skills to push on or join in counters rather than simply playing #10. Holders who can appear where they are not expected are ace. Ramires etc.

• 1 month later...

Rubbish today, and I've defended him earlier in the season when he was coming in for a lot of stick. He can look class at times, then totally careless at others. If he wants to be seen as a premier player then he is going to have to produce more consistently.

Clumsy as fuck today. Not helped by a less than dynamic duo behind him, and no pace stretching things either side of him, but still. Also has that infuriating gait/persona on the pitch that some players have where they look like they're not trying.