Mo Diamé to be released

BeloEmre

• 1 month later...

Perez is clearly under orders to press like crazy when he’s on. Diame cannot do that. Because of the press Perez is often in poor attacking positions and it probably is leading him to be more ragged on the ball. Diame offers something different. He was finding space today, which is probably easier for him to do given that he doesn’t or cannot press the ball in the same way.

I would try starting with Hayden in the number 10 and Merino & Shelvey behind him, as bizarre as it sounds. Hayden has a good shot on him and isn't wasteful in possession whilst also offering the work rate Rafa demands.

tumblr_nyq3fefHe61tq4of6o1_400.gif

It was a good cameo but let us not get carried away, starting him ffs [emoji38]

Why is it so mental? He can't be worse than how Perez is at the moment

He was better than Hayden in his last sub appearance and changed things today. No issues if he starts ahead of Perez next match.

I would try starting with Hayden in the number 10 and Merino & Shelvey behind him, as bizarre as it sounds. Hayden has a good shot on him and isn't wasteful in possession whilst also offering the work rate Rafa demands.

To be fair Rafa thinks somewhat the same after pushing him up the pitch into the number 10 against Southampton.

It was a good cameo but let us not get carried away, starting him ffs [emoji38]

Why is it so mental? He can't be worse than how Perez is at the moment

:thup: pretty much how I see it, what is there to lose?  I think a midfield triangle of shelvey/merino/diame could work

My goodness :lol:

My goodness :lol:

Again, Rafa didn't think it was the worst idea against Southampton :thup:

To be fair Rafa thinks somewhat the same after pushing him up the pitch into the number 10 against Southampton.

He didn't he changed the system, but yes Hayden was the further forward but wasn't really playing a 10 role.

Changing the system to a midfield three, perhaps is an option, but not Hayden in a proper no 10 position.

He didn't he changed the system, but yes Hayden was the further forward but wasn't really playing a 10 role.

Didn't say he changed the system, but he was playing in the number 10 role as much as Perez, Diame or anyone else has for us this season. Not saying Hayden in there is the solution, but it's worth a shot over Diame who can't last a full game and Perez who is offering very little at the minute. Hayden guarantees the work rate needed in our system.