Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe the negative comments about this guy after one game, some people on here just follow the status quo and think what other people tell them rather than judge for themselves

It's not just one game like, we've seen him play for villa many times.

Yep, there's a difference between posters passing hyperbolic early judgement of a player coming from overseas and having a strong opinion on a regular player from our division that will have been seen fairly frequently.

Yep, there's a difference between posters passing hyperbolic early judgement of a player coming from overseas and having a strong opinion on a regular player from our division that will have been seen fairly frequently.

Aye. Everyone has seen this lad. Villa & Ireland. And i'm sorry - £5m should net you a top Championship defender.

Damned if he does damned if he doesnt.  If he goes for the ball he gives away the pen.  If he doesn't then Reading score from open play.

Disagree, their first touch took him away from goal, just had to stand his ground. No need for the stupid lunge.

But if he had tried to close him down and he had scored you would be complaining that he should have tried to win the ball.  Damned if he doesnt.....

The silly thing with the pen was that the challenge wasn't necessary. Oppo player had back to goal and was surrounded by our players. Just needed to be harassed back out of the box before a challenge like that.

Glad to hear he looked good with the ball at this feet.

Damned if he does damned if he doesnt.  If he goes for the ball he gives away the pen.  If he doesn't then Reading score from open play.

Disagree, their first touch took him away from goal, just had to stand his ground. No need for the stupid lunge.

But if he had tried to close him down and he had scored you would be complaining that he should have tried to win the ball.  Damned if he doesnt.....

Tbf Reading had a bit to do to score from that position. One guy moving away from goal and another guy marked in the penalty area.

You shouldn't really go to ground in the box unless you KNOW you're going to get the ball.

Guest chopey

I can't believe the negative comments about this guy after one game, some people on here just follow the status quo and think what other people tell them rather than judge for themselves

Really? Did you see the game? He was s*** from start to finish.

What a load of shit, yes I was at the game and to say he was shit for start to finish is just wrong and I can't believe people on here are judging a player on what disgruntled fans think rather than watching him and forming their own opinion

He was directly responsible for the goal, therefore he had a poor game. That said, he's not a right - off.  Technically he seemed competent enough (his mistake aside) but he needs alot of guidance in terms of positional play.

I think he will have his use over the full season, as will Hanley.

He was directly responsible for the goal, therefore he had a poor game. That said, he's not a right - off.  Technically he seemed competent enough (his mistake aside) but he needs alot of guidance in terms of positional play.

I think he will have his use over the full season, as will Hanley.

So with that logic if you have one bad moment in one game you've had a bad game therefore if you have one bad game in a season you've had a bad season.

Guess that one bad moment equals a ruined career.

Guest firetotheworks

Really? Did you see the game? He was s*** from start to finish.

What a load of shit, yes I was at the game and to say he was shit for start to finish is just wrong and I can't believe people on here are judging a player on what disgruntled fans think rather than watching him and forming their own opinion

They're not though, he has a lot of Premier league appearances that people have seen first hand. [emoji38] Even just watching him vs us he's looked really dodgy.

His distribution was a bit all over the place. There were a few really intelligent and accurate passes he played when under pressure from their forwards, but then he completely panicked and scuffed the ball 20 yards to their midfield a couple of times when he had all the time in the world. :lol:

Obviously the pen was a dreadful touch and a shit tackle, but outside of that he seemed alright. The problem in the defence last night was Dummett happily putting the ball out for a corner every two minutes and playing like he was on smack.

By that logic our CB pairing is Mbemba and we're back to Hanley until the next costs us a goal and Lascelles is back.

I don't think we'll have a fixed pair at the back for a while yet, at the moment no partnership has looked anywhere near as good as it was in our last few games last season. We'll be rotating players when we have midweek games anyway, I think Hanley and Clark will see plenty of game time.

Isn't Hanley a highly rated Championship player?! Feels like the general attitude towards him on here is that he's poor/can't be trusted.

Surely we're not writing a player off because of he looks like a neanderthal? :lol:

Isn't Hanley a highly rated Championship player?! Feels like the general attitude towards him on here is that he's poor/can't be trusted.

Surely we're not writing a player off because of he looks like a neanderthal? :lol:

I thought Hanley did okay in the opener, it was Lascelles who dropped the clanger. He could do with an extra yard of pace by the looks of it, but defensively he looked quite solid.

Hanley's an average CB. Good enough for this league, not really good enough for long-term. Ian doesn't like him because he fits the bruiser-type he loves to hate for some odd reason.

:lol: You can't make a post without slagging someone off. You must dress in drag at weekends...

You said Mascherano's your idea of what a good CB should be. Of course you're gonna be averse to that type of defender. I think you need a balance, ergo someone like Mbemba needs a dominant partner. Hopefully than can be Lascelles but Hanley isn't as bad as you've made out.