Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

How key were his contributions today? Saved us at 1-0, then put us 2-0 up. Quietly making his impact again.

His goal line clearance was vital at 1-0 - he was excellent today.

Guest Howaythetoon

Around the time we signed him I was in Birmingham visiting family and the barman was a Villa fan and wasn't happy we bought him, he seemed to rate him quite highly. He's much improved under Rafa. A steady player who seems more confident on the ball than Lascelles.

Guest Howaythetoon

He'll have been in the minority. The majority of Villa fans thought he was s*** and were creased that we spent 5mil on him.

Bloke obviously knows his stuff. Can't say I'd seen anything of him prior to his comment but remember the disappointment on here...

Around the time we signed him I was in Birmingham visiting family and the barman was a Villa fan and wasn't happy we bought him, he seemed to rate him quite highly. He's much improved under Rafa. A steady player who seems more confident on the ball than Lascelles.

I work in Birmingham and a few lads who support Villa and who's opinions on football I'd respect said they were pretty gutted he was going and that apart from the odd mistake they thought he was fairly solid. Fortunately, debut aside, he's very rarely put a foot wrong for us so far.

Villa fan mate of mine:

Overall a good, "old fashioned" centre half. Committed, loves a tackle, and will always give 100%. However, he does have a mistake in him. Look at Ireland at the euros! Enjoys an own goal or 2 and does make mistakes. BUT he can be very good on his day

Meh.

Overall I like him. Been with villa 10 years, captained the youth side to FA cup victory. Would be disappointed to see him go. £5m is a fair price for both parties. To be honest, a move would do him good. He broke through at villa 5/6 years ago which was the time we started to be shit. He has also had SO MANY partners he would benefit from a consistent line up, and some quality in front of him. if he stays he will start for villa so it's another first team player that needs replacing

:pow:

Guest firetotheworks

I'm starting to become a big fan of him, like. Not fully committed to it yet though, he's a Newcastle defender with a history of making daft mistakes, so I'm cautious.

I really like him. He's far more technically sound than I expected when we signed him, and has proven to be our most consistent defender. He's often a threat from set pieces, as well.

Occasionally plays one too many long balls for my liking, but they're always targeted rather than a hoof up field, at least. I think our main chance against Huddersfield last week came from one.

And I need you now tonight

And I need you more than ever

And the scoreline's oh so tight

We've been holding on forever

And we'll only be making it right

'Cause with Lejeune you're strong together

You can form a great defensive line

To striker's you're a shadow on them all of the time

I don't know what we'd do, without you Ciaran Clark

You're better here at Gallowgate than at Villa Park

I really need you tonight

Mbemba & Clark start tonight