Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

The fact Rafa when we've signed him will have earmarked him as someone to take us up the Premier League, whereas Clark was someone signed to get us into it.

Fair.

Although i've seen our signings as players to simply keep us up rather than pushing up the league. Down to transfer restrictions rather than Rafa's mentality.

Guest neesy111

Clark and Lejeune are too similar, that's the issue.  Defenders need to compliment each other, just like strikers do when you play 2 up top.

Distribution was shocking.

He's usually a lot better with his passing but he hoofed  it so much yesterday

Been like that all season tbh. Doesn't seem to have the confidence to do anything else in the top league.

He doesn't seem comfortable at all playing with LeJeune, but I think both will look better when we get back to Rafa's preferred formation. They look really exposed when we get too many players forward.

Clark and Lejeune are too similar, that's the issue.  Defenders need to compliment each other, just like strikers do when you play 2 up top.

"Eeee, Florian, you're dead good."

"Thanks Ciaran, I love your beautiful Irish accent".

• 2 weeks later...

The 3rd goal from him was utter garbage. Lejeune was already closing down Vardy yet he still tried to close him down as well and left Okazaki in acres. s****.

Had to go across  .

Felt he didn’t in my opinion. Left us exposed in the middle.

The 3rd goal from him was utter garbage. Lejeune was already closing down Vardy yet he still tried to close him down as well and left Okazaki in acres. s****.

Had to go across  .

Why?  If he stays in the center Vardy then has to beat Lejeune.  By moving towards Vardy and leaving the penalty spot empty for a Leicester player to run into he gave Vardy the easy pass for a one on one with the keeper.

Had to go across  .

Didn't at all. Absolutely terrible awareness of what was going on behind him.

Lejeune falls over after failing to deal with the danger, Clark should have stayed but isn't sure Lejeunes going to get back up, also probably doesn't trust him even if he does get back up. Lejeune should have done better in the first place too. We're a complete mess with these 2 together at the back basically.

He looks as bad if not worse than he did at Villa. Last season must have been his level

I expected him to be a lot more commanding in Lascelles absence. Now it seems pretty clear he's more comfortable playing behind a dominant centre back which leads me to question his long term future here as Lejeune is the same type of defender, and probably better potentially, even though he looks like a fish out of water at the moment.

Clark's positional sense has always been questionable, some of the goals we've been conceding recently have been highlighting this.

No coincidence we're shipping goals like crazy and he was in a Villa side that conceded 194 goals in his last three seasons there. And in his final season he struggled to get games being bottom of the pecking order, behind defensive illuminati's like Vlaar, Senderos, Baker and Cissokho.

Just a Championship player. Like quite a few of our current squad.

Does Lejeune speak good English? Not sure myself but if not it might go some way to explaining why these 2 look so bad together at the minute?

No, he spoke none when he arrived but is learning.

I feel like we shouldnt always go for simple answers. Ie: He's playing poorly so he's now obviously championship standard again.

We saw him playing well for much of the beginning of this season. He played 7 and a bit prem games and only conceded more than 1 goal v spurs with 10 men. Yet now he's not good enough for this level?

Context does matter. The context is clearly he's been paired with Lejeune and it's gone pretty woefully. The reason for that is the issue.

I don't get the self congratulatory way some base opinions on current form. Oh he's playing badly, I knew he was bad. And hes playing well now, yeah he's a good player. You're literally just doing what the opposition fans or anyone could say.

Surely with your own fans, the idea is to consider a players top potential that you've seen and support them to achieve it when they aren't at their best. Like supporting someone not at their best, isn't that the idea of support?

Finally watched motd this morning after being completely fed up after Saturday. The final goal doesn’t look any better for him on a second viewing. It’s hard to grasp how we managed to be so bad for that whole move.

For what it’s worth I like Clark and the sooner we get back to him and Lascelles the better. We need to stick with what works until we can start looking solid again.