Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

he will miss games against

Sheffield Wed,  Forest,Blackburn, Brentford and Rotherham if we can't beat 4 out of 5 of them without him we don't deserve to be promoted

We play Birmingham in the cup so he'll miss that game and not Rotherham if we don't appeal

Sheffield Wed,  Forest,Blackburn, Brentford and Rotherham if we can't beat 4 out of 5 of them without him we don't deserve to be promoted

We play Birmingham in the cup so he'll miss that game and not Rotherham if we don't appeal

Should go for the tactical draw in the cup game like.

Well, that's one down and we didn't do to well against Blackburn at SJP did we...? If we don't beat Forest on Friday, you might have to rethink that statement..!

I am struggling to remember seeing a worse side than Forest this season. I would be genuinely shocked if we didn't win, and would go as far as saying my confidence in us getting promoted would be dented if we don't beat them by at least two goals.

I think a lot may depend on the business we do in January.  We need another winger and some extra quality in central midfield I would say as we're quite reliant on Shelvey there at the moment.  If Rafa can sell the club to some real PL quality players based on our predicted promotion then we'll look in a lot better shape and hopefully never see Colback again.

Not saying we won't go up, but I don't think we're the best side in the division and we're losing a lot of home games due to Rafa's tactics. Maybe still being top despite this is a good sign but I'm rarely convinced by our performances. We urgently need midfielders in.

To be honest Sheffield Wednesday are the only team to outplay us this season. Even Brighton were nothing special, and most games we lost we have been outdone by. Fulham we should have had penalties, Huddersfield we got undone by a sucker punch on the break towards the end of the game when it looked like it was us who were going to get the winner. I can't say much for Wolves because I never saw it, but by all accounts it was just 2 bad defensive errors. Blackburn should have been a draw, they pretty much got a smash and grab, Forest were poor even with 9 men and were handed the win by the referee. There are shit teams in this league, we should win on Friday, then we have Blackburn and Brentford in the league games who we should beat even without Shelvey. For every Sheffield Wednesday there are 15 teams like Rotherham and Wigan who will be push overs, and some more who will be a little more difficult but still very beatable.

Rafa has to

a) sign some quality players as there are 3 or 4 of that team who are not up to it (Gouffran, Colback, Perez, Dummett, Anita)

b) change the tactics for home games

c) make a decision on Mitrovic - either sell and get a proven quality number 10 or give him more game time not just the odd match and then 3 or 4 games of less than 10 minutes

It's went to a 7 for me but unless we change things around at home there is not a hope in hell we will win the league and if the likes of Derby, Reading, Sheff Wed continue their run we may be caught off those teams also - we have already lost 7 points on Brighton in a matter of a few weeks. Nobody can say we have a far superior team when the likes of Gouffran, Colback, Perez, Dummett and Anita continuously get a game. Have to say that overall Diame and Ritchie have not performed anything like I thought they would either. Trust Rafa but it's a big January coming up and there are certainly a few signs of concern starting to show. Winger, central mudfielder and a number 10 (as this is the way Rafa prefers to play) should be coming in this January - being beaten by teams like Wolves, Sheff Wed, Huddersfiled and Blackburn in the first half of the season is not good enough.

Still a 9 for now, but have a bad feeling about our form right now, 6 defeats in the first half of the season is not good enough for champions, Brighton when they win today will deservedly be top at the half way mark. Witht he squad we have we have to do better in the 2nd half of the season, if we want to win the division, we are firmly on course though for promotion, Reading worry me though with the  gap cut to 6 points now and on yesterday's evidence Sheff Wed could be a big danger. If 96 didn't happen I would be a lot more confident, but when you are 12 points clear and lose the title in the end by 4 points, you shouldn't take anything for granted again, that's a 16 point swing from around this time in the season, we were 9 points clear this year of 3rd but now only 6, we've still got a lot of work to do and to be frank I'm concerned about how we are playing right now.

Brighton are a better team than we are. And so they should be, they've got a settled club, squad and management staff and did really well last season. We were relegated last season, have a new manager still working out how to get the best from a squad that had a massive summer overhaul (and contains plenty of players we won't want next season whatever happens) and I'm still fairly amazed at how the owner and chairman seem to have suddenly decided to run the club properly. So it's no disgrace for Brighton to be keeping up with us. As long as we go up then it's job done, and there's little sign of any other club being able to catch us.

That said, if we don't win the league then it'll be a bit embarrassing given the resources at our disposal.