Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No point going up with this team/squad tbh.

There really isn't. We'd go down with less than 30 points with this heap of guff.

Why do you keep saying this? It's an absolutely pointless statement. We'd obviously make signings.

We should've obviously made signings last month. I've zero confidence in this club to overhaul the squad in ten windows, let alone one.

It doesn't need an overhaul though and even if it did, it wouldn't be realistic to expect we'd form a brilliant side. The squad needs significant, intelligent investment in all three areas of the field - but that doesn't mean eleven signings.

I agree about January obviously.

You're talking shit. :thup:

We've got, at absolute most, 6 players on our books good enough to start PL football matches.

Guest firetotheworks

There really isn't. We'd go down with less than 30 points with this heap of guff.

Why do you keep saying this? It's an absolutely pointless statement. We'd obviously make signings.

We should've obviously made signings last month. I've zero confidence in this club to overhaul the squad in ten windows, let alone one.

It doesn't need an overhaul though and even if it did, it wouldn't be realistic to expect we'd form a brilliant side. The squad needs significant, intelligent investment in all three areas of the field - but that doesn't mean eleven signings.

It doesn't? I honestly think that the first team alone needs at least 7 or 8 new players.

Guest neesy111

You're talking shit. :thup: We've got, at absolute most, 6 players on our books good enough to start PL football matches.

Agree with Ronnie here, I've been saying something similar since November.  The defence for example will get ripped apart next season, our midfield is horrid minus Shelvey and Ritchie (Hayden will be an unknown) and we have 1 competent striker.

You're talking shit. :thup: We've got, at absolute most, 6 players on our books good enough to start PL football matches.

Agree with Ronnie here, I've been saying something similar since November.  The defence for example will get ripped apart next season, our midfield is horrid minus Shelvey and Ritchie (Hayden will be an unknown) and we have 1 competent striker.

it's never been clearer how shit the vast majority of our squad are like, they're working under one of the best managers in the game and most of them are absolute rubbish most of the time

we need a massive overhaul if promoted, we won't get one

13 games to go. 39 points to play for. Huddersfield (or anyone else other than Brighton) need effectively 6 points more than us to beat us to promotion taking into account goal difference. If they get points at the rate they have done all season, they will get 25.6 points (say 26). Effectively then, barring any miraculous run of form from anyone below Brighton we need 21 points to get promotion. 7 wins from 13 games.

If we don't do it, we want shooting. I do think however that it wont be sealed until pretty much the very end of the season and we'll probably be looking over our shoulders a lot over the next few months...

Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle, Yedlin ?

Not sure who else really (I get the impression /I have missed someone obvious  :lol:)

Hayden should be able to make the step up. If Colback applied his trade at a bottom 6 club for half a decade, then Issac can.

It's an absolute miracle we've won 22 out of 33 if they're ALL this fucking bad. :lol:

When you've got shite like Mitro, Colback and Gouffran at there heart of everything there's no wonder we struggle. A handful of good signings would improve us ten-fold, bringing on other players and taking the pressure off the defense in the mean time.

It's an absolute miracle we've won 22 out of 33 if they're ALL this fucking bad. :lol:

When you've got shite like Mitro, Colback and Gouffran at there heart of everything there's no wonder we struggle. A handful of good signings would improve us ten-fold, bringing on other players and taking the pressure off the defense in the mean time.

Correct, we have quite a few good players but just one or two too many liabilities.

Correct, we have quite a few good players but just one or two too many liabilities.

Are you actually trying to say the majority of our squad are up to PL football?

Guest firetotheworks

We've won 22 matches out of 33 because we have two excellent players and one very good player at this level, being managed by one of the best managers in the game imo. We all know it's not built on a strong defence or any sort of strength in depth. Besides, we're talking about an overhaul for PL level, rather than this level.

When we went up last time we finished 12th in our first season back. With players like Harper, Williamson, Barton, Lovenkrands, Shola and Nile Ranger making plenty of appearances. People overestimate the importance of individuals and underestimate the importance of a good team, working together and moving in the same direction.

The worry for me isn't so much our players, but the fact we're not playing well. Get that right in the last third of the season and we'll not only go up, but be in a much better state for the Premier League.

Win the next two games and we are certainties in my view, psychologically it'll be hard for anyone to knock us out of top two if that happens, and we'll have at least a ten point gap to 3rd with 11 games left. Today though was a huge wasted opportunity  that could come back and bite us in the bum.

Let's be honest, Carroll was a one-man team in the first half of 10-11. Without that we'd have gone down.

Plus, we had a solid, established defence then. No way we can go into a PL season starting the likes of Lascelles.

Let's be honest, Carroll was a one-man team in the first half of 10-11. Without that we'd have gone down.

Plus, we had a solid, established defence then. No way we can go into a PL season starting the likes of Lascelles.

We were unbeaten in 5 or 6 with Lascelles playing at the end of last season, no?