Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We dominated teams with the same tactics earlier in the season. Am I missing something?

Yeah you are the last 2 months

So did we, or did we not batter teams using the same formation?

Do you not get it teams have sussed the tactics and know how to counter them but we still continue to play the same tactics - not hard really.

Okay, so regardless of that fact do you not think the players have been underperforming too?

We do need a plan B, granted, but this mentality that our whole season will come crashing down is very far from the truth. We need to adjust, aye, but let's not get carried away man.

I get the impression that were we to win on Tuesday everyone would say 200% we'd win the league...if we don't we're 200% not going up...

I do agree that the team has to take a share of the blame also but then the likes of Colback, Perez and Goffran shouldn't be getting regular games either. - mind Rafa did realise we needed some better quality only to be underminded by the bunch of clowns above him I'm not confident at all of getting much from the 3 games coming - I obviously hope I am wrong.

How have teams 'sussed us'? We've been like this all season.

We're currently unbeaten in 8 and the 3 draws within that period are all down to embarrassing individual errors from our keeper.

Last 2 months we have been very poor compared to the majority of games in the first few months - as for the team Rafa picks the players even though I (and to be honest most on here) think there are 3 and probably more who shouldn't be playing - why I don't know. The proof will be in the pudding at the end of the season.

Shelvey's ban, the ACON, and then Gayle being injured have been pretty big setbacks. Hopefully when Gayle comes back our form will improve, we're losing a goal a game without him.

Agreed we are missing Gayle as he is the only player who looks like he can and will consistently convert chances. Got to stop playing some players though who have had far too many oportunities and consistently failed to deliver.

Watching MOTD and the way the Premier league teams knock the ball about and then break quickly just goes to prove if we go up we need an awful lot of new players

We dominated teams with the same tactics earlier in the season. Am I missing something?

Yeah you are the last 2 months

So did we, or did we not batter teams using the same formation?

Do you not get it teams have sussed the tactics and know how to counter them but we still continue to play the same tactics - not hard really.

Okay, so regardless of that fact do you not think the players have been underperforming too?

We do need a plan B, granted, but this mentality that our whole season will come crashing down is very far from the truth. We need to adjust, aye, but let's not get carried away man.

I get the impression that were we to win on Tuesday everyone would say 200% we'd win the league...if we don't we're 200% not going up...

I do agree that the team has to take a share of the blame also but then the likes of Colback, Perez and Goffran shouldn't be getting regular games either. - mind Rafa did realise we needed some better quality only to be underminded by the bunch of clowns above him I'm not confident at all of getting much from the 3 games coming - I obviously hope I am wrong.

This - for sure.

The players named should be gone in summer if promotion is achieved but under the current directors and owner you can't see the necessary action being taken. They will not spend the required money to bring the side up to safe PL standard - January told us that.

Still on a 7 - next few games will tell us where we are heading this season.

Hopefully when Gayle comes back our form will improve, we're losing a goal a game without him.

No question. We've drawn 4 games all season and 3 of them have come in the past 4 weeks. Without him our ability to snatch points is basically nonexistent.

I thought 5 points from the next 4 games including yesterday's would be enough so we might have an issue if we lose on tuesday, 6 points against Huddersfield and Reading would give me huge confidence about going up but we might kiss goodbye to the title if Brighton beat us

Doesn't feel like it but we've still been averaging better than 2 points a game over the last 8 matches. I know we've got a tougher run coming up but I'm pretty confident of us coming through it in good form, I was more worried about Norwich than I am about Huddersfield & Brighton. Hopefully, Gayle will be back to fitness in the coming weeks and we can cruise to the title :coolsmiley:

That 5 minute period where Huddersfield conceded and we equalised could be the critical moment. A 2 point gap remained a 5 point gap just like that. A draw there next week will be a good result now.

Certainly felt like them blowing a massive chance.

It's simple for me if we can just win the next 2 it will just about be done for me I know that's a tough ask but that would then mean Huddersfield have to win 3 more games than us from 12 to overtake us and that's a tough ask really

We may be playing shite and have gifted goals away but we still haven't lost for 8

Imperative not to lose next 2 if we do we will be 3rd by Saturday and if that happens I think that will kill us off as this team has no character or resilience to chase a situation

It's simple for me if we can just win the next 2 it will just about be done for me I know that's a tough ask but that would then mean Huddersfield have to win 3 more games than us from 12 to overtake us and that's a tough ask really

We may be playing shite and have gifted goals away but we still haven't lost for 8

Imperative not to lose next 2 if we do we will be 3rd by Saturday and if that happens I think that will kill us off as this team has no character or resilience to chase a situation

It's not possible for us to be out of the top two a week from now.

If we had of just f***ing won yesterday we'd have been 7 points clear and almost certainly in the top 2 after the next three games.

Yip, yesterday really was a terrible result.

I said it before, but when I re-watched the 91-92 season, I was surprised how many dodgy results we had along the way after having won the first 11.

Nearly every team has some wobbles and hiccups along the way.

We certainly did have a lot of dodgy results in 91/92. Entire club was dodgy then tbf. I think you mean 92/93? ;)

http://i.imgur.com/TQTTwJN.png

I said it before, but when I re-watched the 91-92 season, I was surprised how many dodgy results we had along the way after having won the first 11.

Nearly every team has some wobbles and hiccups along the way.

92/93 O0