Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't get This "only need 6 wins if we beat Huddersfield. At the form they're on if we only won 6 we would come 3rd. :lol:

They're due a dip in form though or else they'll finish on like 110 points. :lol: We're 7 wins from 90, hopefully 6 wins from 90 going into the Huddersfield game. That's the points total people are saying 3rd place won't achieve given the history of the league, which is where the 6 wins comes from.

Trying to disregard our rivalry with them, Huddersfield's ascent has been amazing this season. I can only recall them being a well-established third-tier club, including a recent-ish relegation to the fourth-tier, but since then it looks like they've built a decent infrastructure there and really deserve this good season. They hadn't even really made the grade at Championship level until now. It's a really remarkable campaign for them and nice to see a vaguely likeable Yorkshire team.

Don't get This "only need 6 wins if we beat Huddersfield. At the form they're on if we only won 6 we would come 3rd. :lol:

They're due a dip in form though or else they'll finish on like 110 points. :lol: We're 7 wins from 90, hopefully 6 wins from 90 going into the Huddersfield game. That's the points total people are saying 3rd place won't achieve given the history of the league, which is where the 6 wins comes from.

Well fingers crossed you're right. :lol: Would be nice if we could go into them three tough away games with a bit of a cushion so a win and dropped points for Brighton and Hudds would be nice on Saturday.

It really hurts seeing folks on here already defeat our own club while were are in 1st, bravo to Mike Ashley and co for beating every ounce of fight out of some of the supporters of this club.

Think that is a bit of a dramatic re-telling of what's happening here, Kanji. :lol:

8 wins would put us on 93 points. Even if we lost those 3 away games I can't help but feel that if we got those wins elsewhere then we would still go up as it would be unlikely for 3rd place to get that many points, even if this season the teams at the top have an above average points ratio.

Guest neesy111

I keep hearing Huddersfield are going to slip up but they might not.

We've looked much better defensively minis the 2 hawlers at Norwich over the last month.

We've got play 4 of the top 6 away  :lol: Fuck me it's going to be a pants loosener.

We've the best away form in the league so no one is better prepared than us.

True, testing fixtures but no reason to see us suddenly not carrying on as we have.

Guest Howaythetoon

People saying Huddersfield, Brighton etc. are due a slip up... the same could be said of us. There are 4 teams in it, we are top and therefore in the best position. But, anything can happen. It's going to be close, this isn't going to be easy, not by any stretch. I'm a 7 for automatic promotion. We cannot afford any slip ups basically because the chasing pack are showing they can keep up and take advantage when we fuck up.

It's simple if one of them 6 wins is against Huddersfield then they would have to win from 14 to overtake us. If we win 7 then it's 10 for them and so on

I can't see them getting over 87 points they will slip up in games starting saturday

Beat Huddersfield and we only need 6 wins chill out....we have 14 games left I can see us winning 9 or 10 of them especially when we have burton,Bristol city,wigan,preston,Barnsley,Fulham at home

The way things are going you're going to need more points for the automatic spots than in most seasons

The worry is that it's the same team winning every week, so we've got no breathing space whenever we slip up.

But hopefully their luck runs out and a combination of a busy schedule & tiredness from playing style will catch up. Basically, don't lose to them.

Worst possible result for us but hardly unexpected, they are on fire right now and awesome at home. It does mean though that barring a miracle Reading are out of the picture, it's firmly between Brighton, Huddersfield and ourselves. It's a shame we still have this stupid playoff system because those three have consistently shown that they are the best teams in the division and with the history of the playoff system highly likely that one won't be promoted. Honestly Brighton getting 89 points last season on not going up just isn't right, could be an even higher number for the 3rd place team this year.

Worst possible result for us but hardly unexpected, they are on fire right now and awesome at home. It does mean though that barring a miracle Reading are out of the picture, it's firmly between Brighton, Huddersfield and ourselves. It's a shame we still have this stupid playoff system because those three have consistently shown that they are the best teams in the division and with the history of the playoff system highly likely that one won't be promoted. Honestly Brighton getting 89 points last season on not going up just isn't right, could be an even higher number for the 3rd place team this year.

It's a myth that the 3rd place team hardly ever goes up, 3rd place team usually goes up.

We've got play 4 of the top 6 away  :lol: f*** me it's going to be a pants loosener.

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday are very beatable IMO, especially considering the latter lost 2-0 to Brentford this eve.

Draws against Huddersfield and Brighton would suffice.

We've got play 4 of the top 6 away  :lol: f*** me it's going to be a pants loosener.

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday are very beatable IMO, especially considering the latter lost 2-0 to Brentford this eve.

Draws against Huddersfield and Brighton would suffice.

Agreed, although i do think we'll lose one of those, no idea which one but you can see it being Reading or Wednesday knowing us  :lol: