Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How early can Brighton seal their promotion? This morning, they needed 4 more wins. Surely less now?

need 3 more wins

as do we.

Cool, that's all I care about then. 3 more wins and get it done and dusted and hope for Brighton to slip up 1x and we nip the title.

trouble is, we dont look like winning 3 of 5 games atm.

Doubt we'll have to the way Huddersfield are going

Our loss might give them the glimmer of hope that there's still an automatic spot to fight for, however unlikely that seems.

Anyone going to be more relieved with promotion than actually celebrating it?

Depends I guess. If we gain promotion after one of our results then yes I'll celebrate, if it happens due to results elsewhere then I guess it will likely be less of an opportunity to celebrate.

I think this is accentuated because the stakes of getting straight back up are so huge.

:thup:

No. I've been 100% confident of a straight retrn to the Prem since day 1 of the season. Only thing I've been uncertain about is if it'll be 1st or 2nd.

Can't see us beating Leeds...

Why not? They're shit.

Better than Sheff Wed, who've done the double over us.

:thup: Yep.

Fortunately football isn't worked out using logic puzzles.

If you can't see the argument for Leed's not being 'shit' then your opinion is fucking worthless tbh.

It is Ian, to be fair.

As I said, that wasn't my point, you massive fool.

Guest firetotheworks

Why not? They're shit.

But not as good as Brighton and Huddersfield who we've done the double over. It means nowt either way.

Guest neesy111

Why not? They're shit.

But not as good as Brighton and Huddersfield who we've done the double over. It means nowt either way.

We didn't do the double of Huddersfield.

Why not? They're shit.

It means we can't really take comfort from sides being 'shit'. This season we've been fairly susceptible to losing to sides who fall into or near that bracket.

Not much doubt on automatic promotion now, Huddersfield have severely ran out of steam and are the only ones who could realistically catch us. It'd be a shame not to finish as champions but first and foremost is promotion, by any means. Getting Hayden back sooner rather than later may prove to be the difference between 1st and 2nd, no one else has proved to be of any use in that spot this season.

I'm still bemused people need to constantly bang on that the squad needs overhaul this summer should we go up. It's blatantly fucking obvious and has been since the summer window and winter window closed. We're on track. Chill. It's either 1 or 2.

How does this stand atm then? how many Games do huddersfield need to win to get near us?

if they win every match we still only need another 8 points.

Think the situation was had we won today after Huddersfield lost, we could have been promoted if they lost at Preston on Friday and we beat Leeds later that night. Would have been great scenes and celebration that  night had it happened.

Now, if Huddersfield slip up against Preston (which I can see happening) and we beat Leeds, a win against Ipswich on easter Monday would seal it for us. Huddersfield have Derby away on that day too.

Huddersfield can get 95 points if they win all their remaining games. Never going to happen, on current form (last 4 games) they're on track for around 86 points, I reckon. Whilst we, same criteria, should recoup another 10 or 11 (three wins one of two losses and one or two defeats) points at least. 95 or 96 points isn't as much as I had hoped for, but who cares if it is enough?

Brighton on track for about 95 also (won three of last four; one defeat).

Just noticed we are 27 points ahead of Norwich and Villa. Would have settled for that at the beginning of the season. I thought Norwich would be a real rival.

I still reckon this might be the end game, I.e. with one of the six played we have one defeat (SW away was always most likely). We're likely to win three and either lose one more and draw one, or draw two. Unfortunately, Leeds at home looks to me to be the game we are most likely to lose. There will be an endemic of arses going if we lose two in a row (self included, mainly as I am desperate to win the Championship, again).

This place will go into meltdown if Huddersfield win Friday before us and we fail , That's following Newcastle for ya

Games remaining Top 3

Newcastle                                        Brighton                                      Huddersfield

Sheffield wed (A)  (lost)          Qpr (A)    (Won)            Nott'm Forest (A) (lost)

Leeds (H)                                      Wolves (A)                                  Preston (H)

Ipswich (A)                                    Wigan (H)                                    Derby (A)

Preston (H)                                    Norwich (A)                                Fulham (H)

Wolves (A)

Cardiff (A)                                        Bristol City (H)                          Birmingham (A)

Barnsley (H)                                  Aston Villa (A)                            Cardiff (H)