Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What group of results do we need to get promoted with a win next Monday against Preston on Sky?

Is it as below?

We win vs Ipswich

Huddersfield lose against Derby

Huddersfield win against Fulham

We win against Preston?

Is that combo right? I'm also assuming that if we win tonight and Huddersfield lost both games before we take to the pitch against Preston that we'll already be up?

Sorry for asking this. Couldn't find that predictor thingy.

If we win and Huddersfield lose today then we can secure promotion with a win next Monday.

Huddersfield have another game before ours against Preston? Fulham I think? They lose that too and we're promoted?

Wouldn't matter as long as they lose today and we win today. We'd be 11 points clear with 3 to play and them with 4 to play meaning another win would make it impossible for Huddersfield to catch us.

What group of results do we need to get promoted with a win next Monday against Preston on Sky?

Is it as below?

We win vs Ipswich

We win against Preston?

Is that combo right? I'm also assuming that if we win tonight and Huddersfield lost both games before we take to the pitch against Preston that we'll already be up?

If we win and Huddersfield lose today then we can secure promotion with a win next Monday.

Huddersfield have another game before ours against Preston? Fulham I think? They lose that too and we're promoted?

Wouldn't matter as long as they lose today and we win today. We'd be 11 points clear with 3 to play and them with 4 to play meaning another win would make it impossible for Huddersfield to catch us.

He's right though, if they lose to Fulham they'll be 11 behind with 3 to play and we'll already be up before we play on the Monday.

Aye. Thank for the replies.

I guess we have to get our job done today. Needless to say a win today is mightily important. Win today then we can move on to support Derby later and Fulham next weekend.

Is it as below?

We win vs Ipswich

We win against Preston?

He's right though, if they lose to Fulham they'll be 11 behind with 3 to play and we'll already be up before we play on the Monday.

That's true. Very worried that the reality will be them 5 points behind us with a game in hand after today. Far too important to win today.

Ssn just ran a section on BHA getting promoted today if they beat Wigan and Huddersfield lose. Also mentioned a bit on Huddersfield's chances but barely mentioned us other than we play Ipswich and Ipswich can secure their safety if they beat us.

Is it as below?

We win vs Ipswich

We win against Preston?

That's true. Very worried that the reality will be them 5 points behind us with a game in hand after today. Far too important to win today.

Aye. It worries me more that we're the ones to drop more points today and Huddersfield to win both against Derby and Fulham. Though I do fancy Fulham more to win against them than Derby.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world. We'd be 9 points ahead of Huddersfield, and then if they won their 2 games in hand we'd be 3 ahead with far superior GD with 3 games left. We could lose 1 and still be ahead even if they won their game.

NO THANKS. :lol:

Very simple scenario, as long they lose 1 and we win 2 more, we're promoted. The max points they can get from 77 current points is 15 more - so 92. They lose 1 match, their max is 89. We are on 85 points, we just need 2 wins to make it very simple and easy for us.

Effectively we need 7 points (assuming they don't overturn a billion goal difference) from 9 games. Either us gaining them or Huddersfield dropping them. Match their result today and it's down to 4 points from 7 games. That's how I'm viewing it.

Effectively we need 7 points (assuming they don't overturn a billion goal difference) from 9 games. Either us gaining them or Huddersfield dropping them. Match their result today and it's down to 4 points from 7 games. That's how I'm viewing it.

Only 4 games left mate.

Huddersfield lost to Bristol city and Burton a few weeks ago, there's no way they're winning their last 5 to overtake us. We're shite but we're going to limp over the line as Huddersfield aren't good enough

If Huddersfield win today then I think they will catch us.

this has been on the cards since they decided to Ignore Rafa in January.

Since then we have been 10 points or more clear on a few occasions, if we fail to get promoted, the blame is in Rafa and the players.

The remaining fixtures are pretty kind, like. 3 of the 4 have nothing to play for.

This "nothing to play for" thing is a nonsense, isn't it?  People band it about as if it means something, but it's just a throwaway platitude that doesn't take into account the complexities of real life.  For all we know, Ipswich will play better with no pressure on them :lol:  Like we did on the last day against Spurs.

:snod: