Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After going on a decent run, you'd expect a degree of confidence from fans and a messageboard, but a good % of those on the below forum think they have a great chance of automatic, and it would be us not Brighton who they are most confident of catching - that will be more down to them still having to play us and our other remaining fixtures:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/103570/automatic

It will be very interesting to see how they approach their game against City on Saturday. They are a step further and playing at home unlike Leeds, ourselves and Brighton in the last round o you'd think / hope they'd play a fairly strong team and attack the game, but then again, they probably do think they have bigger fish to fry this season. Mooy, one of their better players is ineligible as he is on loan from City. It's a shame this isn't televised as it is one of the better looking games to me. A full strength team and a televised replay would be decent.

They keep going on about how difficult a run away from home we have, yet totally disregard our amazing away record which is better than anyone in the league and better than our own home form. Reading their posts it's really all in their own hands because naturally they will continue the form they are in all the way through to the end of the season while we will drop points in this tough few games. OK lets see how this goes then.

That Huddersfield lot make me laugh. A half empty stadium for years and now they're all flocking back thinking they're the next big thing. Fuck off.

Hate Leeds, I might, but at least they've packed out they're stadium for years whilst they've been shit.

Let's be honest, we could lose all 3 and still probably go up.

This.

Although I think Huddersfield is the most important game - beat them and there is not a chance they gain 10 points over us (& GD) in the remaining games. Nobody else is anywhere near consistent (or good) enough to put a serious challenge together.

:thup: They're the biggest threat imo. Which is kinda great from a neutral point of view, it's nice to see them doing well and Wagner seems like a really good character. Quite remarkable how they've sustained their form after having nearly been relegated last season.

Not sure why everyone is rating Huddersfield so high. A week ago everyone was concerned about Reading, now it's Huddersfield. All teams in the play offs are doing well, but I can't see any of them catching us unless we collapse.

Not sure why everyone is rating Huddersfield so high. A week ago everyone was concerned about Reading, now it's Huddersfield. All teams in the play offs are doing well, but I can't see any of them catching us unless we collapse.

I'd say it's mainly because they have been on TV twice very recently against 2 of our biggest rivals, deservedly won both games and are also in excellent form. They also went to Norwich a couple of months ago which was also televised and won which very few sides have done this season. Apart from a home defeat to QPR a couple of months ago, i can't remember the last time Reading were on TV.

Not sure why everyone is rating Huddersfield so high.

They've beat some of the better teams in the division recently and put in some really good performances against them (plus they beat us). They look stronger than Leeds and Reading

This place is going to be so bipolar tonight as the goals go in. Brighton are at home and Huddersfield have Rotherham. Assuming they both win people will either be shitting themselves or giving a 10 on the PROMOTIONOMETER based on tonight's 1 result. :lol:

Aye I'm half-expecting panic stations by 10pm. But in fairness, the team really ought to be proving that we're through whatever the 'rough patch' was, however you want to define it.

I'd personally define it as being: a couple of defeats plus us failing to be convincing for any more than about thirty minutes per game, in any game.

The last two results have been well-fought but we didn't play particularly well in either and probably would have succumbed to better sides. Norwich (a) is the toughest of the last three and we need to start really consolidating our position in the top two.