DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just good all round. Got forward a lot first half, final ball not the best but his pace was a great asset. Defended really well too I thought.

Just hope he's fine for Saturday or it might be Sterry or Hayden starting at right back

Just good all round. Got forward a lot first half, final ball not the best but his pace was a great asset. Defended really well too I thought.

Just hope he's fine for Saturday or it might be Sterry or Hayden starting at right back

The Stars really are aligning for Jack Colback right now.

Another top class performance again today. His defensive attributes often get overlooked because of how good he is going forward but I thought he was brilliant at both ends of the pitch today. Reckon he could do 100 metres in under 10 seconds as well.

With his football boots on.

Started life as a forward/winger at the club where I coach. Got moved into right-back while at the Sounders mainly as an exercise in risk aversion. He's been getting incrementally better at the position but still has some deficiencies.

I saw a few pages back someone bemoaning his lack of end product. That's really not an issue. When attacking he gets behind defenders and can pick out a player in the box. He's much less wasteful than any wide player I've seen in a Newcastle shirt for a number of years.

Obviously he's fast as fuck, which is a blessing and curse. He likes to get forward and 4 times out of 5 he has the pace to get back into position. However, that 1 in 5  where he can't get back into position can fuck you.

Positioning in general has been his one major flaw. It's understandable because he's been learning a position that perhaps isn't natural to him... but he's getting better at it. Hopefully he gets it nailed down soon because I worry that relying so much on his pace will cause him problems if/when he picks up his first major injury. If he slows down he's not got much to fall back on at this point.

Potentially a good signing long-term. Definitely capable of being a starter in the Championship. He's going to look like Daniel Alves. He tore up MLS, which is very similar to the Championship in many ways.

:pow:

No come on we can't be signing another mackem rejects. This guy has no attributes of a footballer, someone should have told told him to quit footy and become an average 100 meter runner

hope his plane crashes

Would rather he didn't sign as he's below average but if Janmaat goes we need a RB, unless Sterry fancies it.

Swapping one average/limited RB for another tbh.

Know f*** all about him other than he's quick, and he's never going to be good enough for us. He doesn't even deserve to wear the shirt as his bedtime pyjama's, let alone on a football pitch.

Pretty much £15 million on Clark, Hanley and Yedlin, not exactly value for money.

He's fast and that is it.