Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion 17.30 27/08/2016 (Sky Sports 1)

Dan

Has anyone seen Brighton play a full game yet?

Watched some of their opener against Nottingham Forest and watched most of their play off semi final against Sheff Wed.

Forest were gash and Sheff Wed had a lead to hold onto iirc so difficult to gauge.

Don't think they're that good and it benefits us that they'll probably come and try to open the game up a bit. Fancy us to win but still not look that great. 2-1.

Would go: Sels, Anita, Mbemba, Lascelles, Gamez, Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey, Perez, Diame & Gayle. Mitro to come on second half.

Don't think they're that good and it benefits us that they'll probably come and try to open the game up a bit. Fancy us to win but still not look that great. 2-1.

Would go: Sels, Anita, Mbemba, Lascelles, Gamez, Ritchie, Hayden, Shelvey, Perez, Diame & Gayle. Mitro to come on second half.

Same here :thup:

They won't open the game up like. Last season they were successful with a very conservative style.

I also think we have to win. The team will be full of confidence but I can imagine that being very fragile given how poor we've been for so long. If we're serious about gaining an automatic promotion spot - or rather if we're capable of getting one - then we have to take a big scalp on the back of the wins we've had. I think we'll do it.

I would be seriously pissed off and disappointed if Colback started ahead of Shelvey. Surely this can't happen? Especially at home. I would play Shelvey away from home as well ahead of jackass.

Feels strange not being confident about us in championship games. Last time here every game we expected to win and back in may I thought we would walk it, now there seems to be some doubts about going up never mind walking it like we thought. Early days I know but the attitude to games has certainly changed due to the 2 defeats