Newcastle United v Brighton & Hove Albion 17.30 27/08/2016 (Sky Sports 1)

Dan

We shouldn't be losing at home for the rest of the season tbf, teams will try and park the bus at St James' we've seen it already and we've lost because of it. Rafa will know this and he'll have wisened up to it, he'll know what we have to do and I trust his Mekon sized football brain to get it right.

Brighton are a good side. They were unlucky last season, apart from a 6 match blip that just cost them in the end, they were pretty decent.

Lot of a respect for Chris - good guy. If we could get the win, would be a big boost, but a point isn't terrible.

I watched them a few times last season. Very well organised and effective at what they do. Hughton will have them sitting tight for most of the first half I bet, they'll come purely to frustrate us and capitalise off set pieces / counters like most teams will this season up here.

Get an early goal and we'll win 3-0. Otherwise 1-0 or 1-1. Wish Hughton all the best for the rest of the season, but hope we hammer them home and away.

I think in reality Rafa will be very content with a point. As usual we will set up to contain, but I see Brighton scoring because we look porous.

I'd really like to twat them into submission for those consecutive cup defeats; although I view those as defeats of Pardew rather than the team.

Happy with a draw? f*** that, 3 points is the only thing this club and fans should be happy with. If we aim to go somewhere we can't have a losers attitude and be content with one point, never mind at home.

Hughton's Group of Lads philosophy makes him this division's finest regular manager, he knows how to build a Championship team that can beat Championship teams.

We need to play like a Premier League team, and I'm not sure we will.