Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Should probably just let them play a few games before we write them off. A lot of people thought Townsend was shit before he signed

[emoji38] so comparable.

Maybe we sign richard dunne as well. Lets give him a few games before we write him off. Even though he's had twenty years of scoring own goals for us to evaluate.

You were one of those strongly against signing Townsend as well. Murphy has scored 37 goals in the last two seasons, there's a decent chance he'll be an okay backup if we give him a chance

Yes. Townsend was and still is very one dimensional. He did very well for us over six months.

Still irrelevant to a 33 year old lump who has played well for a team that no one gives a shit about. Any time he's played for a team that people actually watch, he's been gash.

Should probably just let them play a few games before we write them off. A lot of people thought Townsend was shit before he signed

[emoji38] so comparable.

Maybe we sign richard dunne as well. Lets give him a few games before we write him off. Even though he's had twenty years of scoring own goals for us to evaluate.

You were one of those strongly against signing Townsend as well. Murphy has scored 37 goals in the last two seasons, there's a decent chance he'll be an okay backup if we give him a chance

Yes. Townsend was and still is very one dimensional. He did very well for us over six months.

Still irrelevant to a 33 year old lump who has played well for a team that no one gives a shit about. Any time he's played for a team that people actually watch, he's been gash.

How many times have you seen him play in the last three years btw?

[emoji38] so comparable.

Not sure. I'll have to go reference my Daryl Murphy statistics xlsx and get back to you.

[emoji38] so comparable.

Not sure. I'll have to go reference my Daryl Murphy statistics xlsx and get back to you.

Exactly. Wish people would stop commenting on players they know nothing about. If you haven't seem him play in about ten years then maybe give him a few games before you completely write him off

[emoji38] so comparable.

Exactly. Wish people would stop commenting on players they know nothing about. If you haven't seem him play in about ten years then maybe give him a few games before you completely write him off

Or maybe I've seen him an adequate amount of time to make a judgement and he's never done anything to prove otherwise. And maybe asking a trite question like "how many times have you seen him play?" deserves the nonsensical answer that it received.

[emoji38] so comparable.

Or maybe I've seen him an adequate amount of time to make a judgement and he's never done anything to prove otherwise. And maybe asking a trite question like "how many times have you seen him play?" deserves the nonsensical answer that it received.

When have you seen him play recently then?

[emoji38] so comparable.

Probably saw him in the Euros like everyone else did.

Can't believe there are actually some people around that don't want to let a player play a few games for the team before completely writing them off to be honest

By that logic we should be willing to let literally anybody have a game, just to check.

[emoji38] so comparable.

Can't believe there are actually some people around that don't want to let a player play a few games for the team before completely writing them off to be honest

By that logic we should be willing to let literally anybody have a game, just to check.

Yes. Euros. He was inspirational.

Incidentally, not sure if people are aware of this, but my belief that he's a piece of shit won't actually change whether he performs like a piece of shit or not. So he's actually still allowed to play without my sign off.

[emoji38] so comparable.

Well he was good in the Euro's like, his introduction to the starting team improved Ireland massively.

On your other point, I just don't like when players aren't given a chance before they even play. I said it in the Townsend thread at the time I'm fairly sure when everybody was negative as fuck

Whenever I have seen him, he has always looked a handful. Looking at scoring stats doesn't tell the full story with Murphy.

If he can hold the ball up, he might just have some use for Benitez.

Wow can't believe some of the reaction here. Some people need to take a reality check and realise what position the club is in at the minute. He is clearly here as a 4th choice striker, don't see what the problem is. If we had to pay a fee, so what? Rather we spend than keep it in our pocket.

If you're not completely writing him off before he's signed youre not a real fan imo

:lol: you could easily form that opinion reading these pages. Think we need a new term though, how about instead of only having the category of being a Newcastle fan (atic) we add a Newcastle crit (ic). Seems more accurate. 

Sorry if already mentioned, but just read that Ipswich are going to replace him with Best who is a free agent. If he's coming in as back-up I think i'd honestly rather just offer Best a year.

For posterity.