Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Official. Best wishes to a fantastic servant to the club. We would be gearing up for more derbies this season if it wasn't for his contribution. True professional.

Steady on with the fantastic servant. He scored 3 very important Championship goals and leaves with goodwill but let's not pretend he's some sort of club legend.

Official. Best wishes to a fantastic servant to the club. We would be gearing up for more derbies this season if it wasn't for his contribution. True professional.

Steady on with the fantastic servant. He scored 3 very important Championship goals and leaves with goodwill but let's not pretend he's some sort of club legend.

I stand by my comment?

Murphy, speaking to the Nottingham Post, said: “It was a difficult decision but, if I am being realistic, I would have had to wait for my chance at Newcastle.

“I need to be playing. I want to be playing football and hopefully I can come here and get games.

“It was brilliant there. I thank the manager – I can’t thank the manager and the fans enough.

“They took to me, I had to bide my time when I first signed, because they were playing well and winning games.”

Reflecting on his stint at United, he said: “I just needed to be ready.

“When my chance came, I did well, I scored a couple of goals and we won the league in the end, which was great.

“But I am definitely very happy to be here, I am just looking forward to getting going now, really.”