Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Rafa is ruthless, he'll use Murphy to get out of the Champinship, then cut him loose. Now i trust Rafa in what he's doing and while he'll make mistakes in buying, i don't think this will be one.

:smug:

Like a lot of people I didn't want to sign but he's proven a lot of us wrong with some massively important goals.

Good luck to the lad but it's a shame he ended up at Forest. I think he could have been a good signing for any of the top teams in the division.

It's hilarious reading everyone's comments early on in this thread :lol:

Aye

Also. His record is good in this division, he's a fine squad player in the same way that Hanley and Clark are. It's worth repeating, not every signing needs to be amazing. Rafa's building a squad. I also don't care about things like player development, team/club before individuals.

He's not going to be first choice and has scored goals at this level.

People ask for a squad and complain when we get one.

This.

Is it any different to signing Lovenkrands and Harewood last time?

Did we have Rafa as manager last time?

Murphy is a target man who creates nothing for himself, if he scores two this season I'll be amazed.

Quoted for posterity.

Wish we'd signed Bentenar instead

Who gives a f*** about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

Wish we'd signed Bentenar instead

Who gives a f*** about the price though. That's all we've lost and it doesn't affect us in the slightest.

I think this is a poor signing because I think he's rank, but I certainly don't think it's a pointless signing. He's backup. Ideally he never plays, but there's a long way to go.

Could have spent that money elsewhere. £4m on a young player with his career ahead of him rather than this donkey. We paid less for Haydens didn't we? Would Anichebe or Bentenar on a free be a worse idea than dropping millions on Murphy?

Haydens and Bentenar :lol: