Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

real head scratcher, this one.

It's not really though is it. Rafa wanted an experienced striker who plays/played in the Championship. Alright Murphy isn't someone we're exactly delighted with but he's just the striker Rafa described.

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

This! It's a long season, we obviously need a back up for Mitro! If he gains us 5-10 points this season, job done.

He's 33 now and wasn't even very good in his prime.

The last few years have been his prime

Well if what I watched in his last game v Norwich is his prime I'd hate to see what he was like beforehand.

Did someone not say he dominated in that game earlier?

He certainly didn't in the game I watched. A 33 year old journeyman striker isn't what we need right now and nobody on here will convince me otherwise.

Yeah, and I'm sure you'll be straight on here when Rafa proves you wrong and we get promoted.

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

He's scored 61 goals in 195 appearances for Ipswich so where you get this 1 in 2 goals ratio from I'm not sure.

He even flopped at Celtic and it takes a really awful type of striker not to be able to score goals for them against pub players.

Guest palnese

A Championship team signing a fairly prolific Championship striker for backup at a fairly low price. Don't see the problem. Will probably be a valuable squad player over the course of the season.

We're a championship club now, the players we sign as backup are going to be decent-to-good championship players. His goal scoring record looks okay and he's an experienced head in the dressing room, as a third or fourth choice striker that's perfectly fine.

He holds it up well......um...erm...well that's good isn't it.

Doesn't he score goals then?

Well yes, but surely he should chip in with a few seeing as he plays as a striker (Riviere can be ignore in this conversation like). I actually think he's going to do quite well and was really just messing, but thanks for harpooning that balloon of fun.

He'll be decent and should be given a chance if we can past the Sunderland link, like we have DeWayne, DeFonzie or whatever our DeRapid right back is called.

Can't believe people aren't allowed to criticise a proven poor player. Who says he will be third choice anyway, the rotation that Rafa favours suggests he will start a lot of games. Just because we are in the championship doesn't mean we need to accept low quality.

He's 33 now and wasn't even very good in his prime.

The last few years have been his prime

Well if what I watched in his last game v Norwich is his prime I'd hate to see what he was like beforehand.

Did someone not say he dominated in that game earlier?

He certainly didn't in the game I watched. A 33 year old journeyman striker isn't what we need right now and nobody on here will convince me otherwise.

What do you think we needed?

Not him. I'd rather we just stuck with Gayle, Mitrovic, Perez and Armstrong then bring him in to clog up the wage bill further. I just don't rate him at all, never have.

Put it this way, if the mackems were signing him we'd be laughing at them.

They're in the premier league man :lol:

What are you talking about!?

He holds it up well......um...erm...well that's good isn't it.

Doesn't he score goals then?

Well yes, but surely he should chip in with a few seeing as he plays as a striker (Riviere can be ignore in this conversation like). I actually think he's going to do quite well and was really just messing, but thanks for harpooning that balloon of fun.

He'll be decent and should be given a chance if we can past the Sunderland link, like we have DeWayne, DeFonzie or whatever our DeRapid right back is called.

Could go the way of DeJack though.

Can't believe people aren't allowed to criticise a proven poor player. Who says he will be third choice anyway, the rotation that Rafa favours suggests he will start a lot of games. Just because we are in the championship doesn't mean we need to accept low quality.

How is he a proven poor player? :lol:

We're in the Championship for a reason, he is a good player in the Championship (that league that we are in) some people need to wake up.

We're in the Championship for a reason, he is a good player in the Championship (that league that we are in) some people need to wake up.

He's certainly not the 1 in 2 striker you're making him out to be.

What the fuck is this? :lol:

He's had one good season, he has been poor everywhere else, he even managed to fail in the SPL.

What the f*** is this? :lol

The daft expectations of some people on here.

Btw, what the fuck is this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nemtizz/status/769520085560156161

What the f*** is this? :lol

The daft expectations of some people on here.

Btw, what the f*** is this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nemtizz/status/769520085560156161

How is being disappointed with signing Murphy having daft expectations?

Plenty of uninspiring championship signings. Yes I know we are in the championship but think we all expected better incomings and to walk this league. Will need another squad overhaul if we do go up

Really?