Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

He's not going to be first choice and has scored goals at this level.

People ask for a squad and complain when we get one.

This.

Is it any different to signing Lovenkrands and Harewood last time?

So this is it?

It's embarrassing tbh. And before folk start labelling those that think this is anything other than a shit signing 'knuckleheads', try putting it in context. We've needed to sign more than 1 striker all summer and the best we can muster is a last minute bid for a Championship clogger.

It's bollocks.

We don't want just a squad, we want a good squad, not a 33 year old who failed in Scotland and has had one good season.

This.

Probably not, however the league is a lot more competitive this year I think.

this is an odd one, woudn't have thought a 33 year old striker would be a target but his record in recent years is superb and any time he's played for ireland which is when I've seen him most he works as hard as anyone

This.

Did we have Rafa as manager last time?

Murphy is a target man who creates nothing for himself, if he scores two this season I'll be amazed.

So this is it?

It's embarrassing tbh. And before folk start labelling those that think this is anything other than a shit signing 'knuckleheads', try putting it in context. We've needed to sign more than 1 striker all summer and the best we can muster is a last minute bid for a Championship clogger.

It's bollocks.

We have never needed to buy more than 1 striker, we have always had enough in terms of numbers just the quality. We have swapped the likes of Cisse for Gayle and Doumbia for this guy. People need to get their heads out of theirs arses a bit.

This.

Did we have Rafa as manager last time?

Murphy is a target man who creates nothing for himself, if he scores two this season I'll be amazed.

Quoted for posterity.

We don't want just a squad, we want a good squad, not a 33 year old who failed in Scotland and has had one good season.

He may of failed in Scotland but he has been a success in the league we want to be promoted from. I'm sure his goals scoring rate is similar Gayle's yet who saying we should send Gayle back?

So this is it?

It's embarrassing tbh. And before folk start labelling those that think this is anything other than a s*** signing 'knuckleheads', try putting it in context. We've needed to sign more than 1 striker all summer and the best we can muster is a last minute bid for a Championship clogger.

It's bollocks.

We're in the championship. We want to get out of the championship. We're looking to sign a striker with a good recent record...in the championship.

What are you looking for? A striker proven at top league level so he can hopefully do well again..in the championship? Or you want someone who will do well at this level & then above? Whats the point when if we do get back up we'll then be in a better position to sign players?

this is an odd one, woudn't have thought a 33 year old striker would be a target but his record in recent years is superb and any time he's played for ireland which is when I've seen him most he works as hard as anyone

I actually have very little doubt that he will be good when he plays for us. The only things that annoy me about it are that it makes it even harder for Armstrong to get a chance and it's a very short term solution