Newcastle United 2 - 0 Brighton - 27/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Disco

Hughts saying Sels actually kicked their striker :lol:.  Whilst obviously true the context is a load of s***, Sels was making a clearance and as already said Baldock knew what he was doing.  Yellow all day

The commentators on the highlights were saying how we'll see more people shoot from kick off because of the new rules.

You've always been able to shoot from kick off haven't you?  [emoji38] what with the ball moving forward

Aye :lol:

What was that plane all about flying overhead before the game? I could see what it said and could see the "Pavels" bit, but that's it.

Some guy who owns a barbours and named in Pavels in memory of Pavel paid for it. It would have been decent if the pilot flew low enough so people could get a good view, every time he came round he went higher and higher up.

I see and yes i agree about his flying skills.

Some very nice passages of play where we played with tempo, 1 or 2 touches on the ball then moving it. Stretched them and they lost shape. Also some good moments when we were passing it around the back, drawing them out and then moved the ball forward (on the deck) once they opened up to close us down. Shows the players are starting to understand how to be a TEAM. There really were times when we looked easily a division above them. We just need to develop the concentration and desire to make those passages of play last longer and longer until we are dominant. Then we will be ready to play in the Prem again.

Some very nice passages of play where we played with tempo, 1 or 2 touches on the ball then moving it. Stretched them and they lost shape. Also some good moments when we were passing it around the back, drawing them out and then moved the ball forward (on the deck) once they opened up to close us down. Shows the players are starting to understand how to be a TEAM. There really were times when we looked easily a division above them. We just need to develop the concentration and desire to make those passages of play last longer and longer until we are dominant. Then we will be ready to play in the Prem again.

Yeah it really was fantastic to see. Like you said, we looked a league above yesterday for large parts. Hopefully we'll hit full confidence shortly and remain dominant for a full 90 minutes at SJP. Both Reading and Brighton had spells of pressure, which should have been avoidable - especially yesterday, given how well we were actually playing. Cut out the lingering anxiety and we'll be absolutely flying; and four points from two tough away games will see to that imo.

Pity about the international break coming at the time it has, but it's a chance to catch our breath, review and address, and welcome the final incomings. We'll be settled, eager and prepared going into next month.

Hehe, my boss was quiet on FB last night, but found his voice today. Just keeps calling SJP a library, and going on about the lack of atmosphere... nothing about the actual match, or the fact we (quite comfortably) ended Brighton's unbeaten run. :lol:

Roll on Tuesday (keep forgetting its BH tomorrow), when me and a couple of other NUFC fans at work can give him some stick.

Lack of atmosphere :lol:

Atmosphere was good I thought, Brighton fans quietened down after we scored our 1st and hardly sang until the closing minutes. I'm sure the Amex stadium is constantly a cauldron of noise

Lack of atmosphere :lol:

Atmosphere was good I thought, Brighton fans quietened down after we scored our 1st and hardly sang until the closing minutes. I'm sure the Amex stadium is constantly a cauldron of noise

I was sat right beneath them and they weren't bad in terms of noise and persistence tbf, in the second half anyway. Three renditions of 'your support is fucking shit', which obviously isn't remotely small-time, as well as a really rubbish constant clapping beat thing, which I didn't understand.

Shame their team got absolutely trampled on by a significantly better side. Hope their journey back to the country's arse end didn't take fucking ages.

They were unbeaten in the league (obvs not playoffs) since Feb, apparently :thup:

They were also the division's joint top scorers in 15/16 too.

Narrow flukey wins though.

If you'd seen the games instead of relying on Google you know you're misinformed. Yeah they scored goals. They also conceded far more than the teams around them, finished third and got dicked by Sheffield Wednesday in the playoffs.

Drop it, anyway. I don't want to talk about Brighton & Hove Albion. Awful club who won't get promoted.

Love it when you drop it like this Ronny. :lol:

Thought the atmosphere was fine yesterday. Gallowgate made plenty of noise and on the 2 or 3 occasions when the entire stadium was up singing together it was very noisy. It was a very comfortable win which was never really in any doubt and the difference in class between the 2 sides was obvious which typically doesn't lend itself to an electric atmosphere.

Couldn't hear the Brighton fans having a pop at our support but if they were, the irony of them (they were getting 7k crowds just a few years ago) mocking a near 50k crowd isn't lost on me.

What was that plane all about flying overhead before the game? I could see what it said and could see the "Pavels" bit, but that's it.

Some guy who owns a barbours and named in Pavels in memory of Pavel paid for it. It would have been decent if the pilot flew low enough so people could get a good view, every time he came round he went higher and higher up.

I got my hair cut in there on Tuesday. They did a pretty good job as well! It's in Forest Hall.

Only watched the highlights, but it looks like they were fairly unlucky. First Knockaert hit the bar and then their striker is sent off for fuck all just moments later.

Definitely Not, Brighton were the worst team we've played this season and the worst I've seen for a while.

Only watched the highlights, but it looks like they were fairly unlucky. First Knockaert hit the bar and then their striker is sent off for f*** all just moments later.

Definitely Not, Brighton were the worst team we've played this season and the worst I've seen for a while.

This.

We bossed that game yesterday and had chances of our own to have won by more than 2 goals. We looked by far the better team yesterday and if Brighton are as good as it gets in this league then we really shouldn't have many problems between now and May.

Yeah, the highlights mustn't have shown things accurately because we thoroughly deserved the win.

This is why I hesitate to take much notice of people's opinions on here after the game, we could have been 4-0 up by half time yesterday and there wasn't any point where I didn't feel we were in total control. That was a weakened side we put out, yet it was our most convincing performance so far. We were moving the ball about quickly and with intent going forward and looked pretty solid defensively.

Think the performance is being a bit overrated here. Really good first half an hour but from then until their guy got sent off we were pretty poor and they should've got an equaliser

We controlled the game from start to finish and never looked in any danger of not winning it.

Think the performance is being a bit overrated here. Really good first half an hour but from then until their guy got sent off we were pretty poor and they should've got an equaliser

We controlled the game from start to finish and never looked in any danger of not winning it.

Aye. Pointing out to one or key moments which might have gone the other way is a bit disingenuous.

We didn't though. They controlled the middle part of the game and missed a sitter

We didn't though. They controlled the middle part of the game and missed a sitter

There was no part of that game that Brighton controlled.