Newcastle United 2 - 0 Brighton - 27/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Disco

Probably Ritchie's least impressive performance so far as well. Which I mean as a positive thing, he wasn't particularly bad or anything.

Really? Assist and generally decent aside from that I thought.

Probably Ritchie's least impressive performance so far as well. Which I mean as a positive thing, he wasn't particularly bad or anything.

No, I agree he was decent. Just meant in other games he's been more impressive IMO.

Good win, was enjoying it until Backeye colback came on, did his best to fuck it up, he should be covered in dogshit then hockled on.

Well done, you've just won new poster of the year.

No, I agree he was decent. Just meant in other games he's been more impressive IMO.

Didn't see much difference myself but whatever. Easily our best attacking player at the moment. Great to have a proper wideman in the team again.

Colback was a complete shambles when he came on.

The lad is an absolute joke. Just a parody of himself these days. Barely on the pitch two minutes before committing a foul

And that's after he had failed to commit a foul previously.

The lad is an absolute joke. Just a parody of himself these days. Barely on the pitch two minutes before committing a foul

Noticeable groan from all around when he came on, that's changed a lot in a couple of years. His Geordie roots force field is no more, only a matter of time before he's marginalised and sold imo. Not this window but he's on borrowed time with both the manager and the crowd. Sooner it happens the better.

The game was very similar to to some of the home games at this stage of the season last time we were down here. We weren't great, overall we weren't particularly better than the opposition...but there was only ever going to be one winner because we seem more capable of taking our chances.

The game was very similar to to some of the home games at this stage of the season last time we were down here. We weren't great, overall we weren't particularly better than the opposition...but there was only ever going to be one winner because we seem more capable of taking our chances.

But we were today?

We were much better than pretty much every team we played at home last time in the Championship too

Piece of p*ss. Brighton were s****. Hayden, Shelvey and the Chancellor spot on. Continue please, front football from the off.

Nah. Why bother doing that when you can just shoot straight from kick off?

:lol:

Lob the keeper from halfway when he's on his line and you're totally shit, don't think it'll catch on.

Piece of p*ss. Brighton were s****. Hayden, Shelvey and the Chancellor spot on. Continue please, front football from the off.

Nah. Why bother doing that when you can just shoot straight from kick off?

:lol:

Lob the keeper from halfway when he's on his line and you're totally s***, don't think it'll catch on.

:lol: It was so pointless. Championship as fuck.

I think that performance from Brighton today, a team regarded as one of the best in the Championship, sums up what this league is.

People say the Championship is one of the most difficult leagues, and gemerally theyre right, but not because of teams being any good. Its basically a load of bang average sides battling against each other so it means it will always be competitive.

All you need in this league is that bit of extra quality, premier league experience, thats why the likes.of Hull, Burnley and Norwich always yo yo because the quality they have is alwaye a step above the league in general but then they dont have enough money to compete once they get up; and thats where we should be different, as with those sides, we have that extra bit of quality that you need, so we should get up, and we also should have enough money to compete.

Time will tell, but one thing for sure is that this league is just as shit as the last.time we were down here

I thought for the first half hour we played some of our best football this season. It looked similar to how Liverpool used to play under Rafa if a bit less polished. We barely gave them a kick until we went two goals up and let our foot off the gas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Think he knows he's been found out, something about his body language when he came on.

Today was a huge win. Frankly, delighted to take three points off them as I would have been happy with a point pre-game given the lack of forwards.

In particular, it was important with Villa and Norwich both dropping points.

Referee was a joke and the standard of officiating at this level has been woeful to date.

I thought for the first half hour we played some of our best football this season. It looked similar to how Liverpool used to play under Rafa if a bit less polished. We barely gave them a kick until we went two goals up and let our foot off the gas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wonder if it looked different there as opposed to on the tele (I watched in the pub, on hols). Seemed very bitty till we scored to the point where first goal was vital as we werent exctly all over them. However with Gayle and Mitrovic out the three points were the most important thing. I'll be happier come mid september when we know our squad and the window is gone and we feel like we can actually get on with things.