Newcastle United 2 - 0 Brighton - 27/08/16 - Post-match reaction from page 23

Disco

Think the performance is being a bit overrated here. Really good first half an hour but from then until their guy got sent off we were pretty poor and they should've got an equaliser

We controlled the game from start to finish and never looked in any danger of not winning it.

We didn't though. They controlled the middle part of the game and missed a sitter

So they controlled a period of about 20 minutes after we had took the lead and had one chance. We controlled the first half hour and could have scored four.

I'm probably one of the few enjoying the refereeing at this level as I hate the sanitisation in the PL. Thought the ref was fine as he was having to deal with a load of players making a meal out of anything and also silly petty fouls with Perez being the worst offender. Thought he got the second yellow wrong (no more than a free kick at best) and the Perez yellow. Other than that can't think of much he got wrong.

This is absolute nonsense

I'm probably one of the few enjoying the refereeing at this level as I hate the sanitisation in the PL. Thought the ref was fine as he was having to deal with a load of players making a meal out of anything and also silly petty fouls with Perez being the worst offender. Thought he got the second yellow wrong (no more than a free kick at best) and the Perez yellow. Other than that can't think of much he got wrong.

+1

a foul s a f***ing foul

Which foul you referring to?

Think the performance is being a bit overrated here. Really good first half an hour but from then until their guy got sent off we were pretty poor and they should've got an equaliser

We controlled the game from start to finish and never looked in any danger of not winning it.

We didn't though. They controlled the middle part of the game and missed a sitter

There was no part of that game that Brighton controlled.

The 10 minutes or so before half time we couldn't get/keep the ball!

+1

a foul s a f***ing foul

The second yellow card

They didn't control the game. They just threw themselves to the ground and refused to play.

This. I thought they were petulant as well. It was a bit surprising that the ref tolerated their play acting and gave them fouls we've been told wouldn't be given in this division. The refereeing inconsistency will be a massive headache this season IMO. We're lucky that we're the biggest club in the division and will get more borderline decisions our way than not, especially at home.

I don't think we've got any borderline decisions at home this year. They've all been straight forward decisions

The second yellow could be seen as a borderline 6 of one half a dozen of the other (cliche-tastic). I thought it was clearly a foul and a yellow personally, but IMO not all refs would have given a second yellow for it.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?342304-Our-support-today-at-Newcastle

Is this true?

After last weeks moans by myself and a few others of the poor atmosphere at Reading I have to say Fair play and well done to the 1800 odd fans today up at Newcastle, out singing 48000 Newcastle fans who we heard sing 3 or 4 times. Our fans stood and sung pretty much non-stop for the whole 90 minutes, credit to you all who was there

I thought St James' was meant to be an intimidating place to go? It definitely wasn't today. Newcastle = "your support is f***ing sh*t".

F*** me you'd think these Brighton supporters deserve the Victoria Cross or something for the praise they are getting for attending a football match.  Aye it was a long way but for f**** sake, Newcastle is a class away day and hundreds of thousands of supporters make similar journeys week in week out whilst watching a much lower standard.  They were alreet, Huddersfield were much better.

The only song they sung with any volume was 'your support is fucking shit.' Standard response from small-time fans whose team is getting battered. :thup: Home fans weren't especially raucous but nowt to worry about.

+1

a foul s a f***ing foul

The second yellow card

It wasn't a foul and it certainly wasn't a yellow card. Re-watch it. Sels play acts completely.