Derby County v Newcastle United 10/09/2016 (Sky Sports 1) @ 5:30pm

HaydnNUFC

Seeing that we play this at Saturday tea-time away and then go down to London to play QPR on the Tuesday, would expect Rafa to rotate the team, especially with those coming back from international duty. Good to know the depth of the squad is probably good enough and you could probably see why Rafa wants to have two teams that can challenge for the top spot.

Yep that's it, thanks. I just found it; came back to win 3-2 after being two down. Robert, Dyer and last minute Lua Lua. Quotes from Shearer re the collision and team sheet links below.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2002/apr/16/newsstory.sport

http://www.11v11.com/matches/derby-county-v-newcastle-united-13-april-2002-12131/

Could have sworn Dabizaz scored in that game... or maybe he just celebrated prominently?

Think this is going to be a really good test for us, if we can get a win it'll be huge I think, back to back away wins, when was the last time we did that ? We do have to start picking up more points on our travels, we've got Derby at a good time, this should be a good opportunity.

Win. 2-3. Robert, Lua Lua and Dyer to score.

Laurent was f***ing beautiful that day. Absolutely dragged us back into that match.

Pandemonium when the third went in!

oh those days

Will be watching in Warsaw on a stag do. Howay the lads!

Derby always a tricky ground for us, I think we'll cause them problems, but a point not bad result tbf. They've not started well but you'd think they'd be Top 6 at the end of season.

Manchester derby, Toon match and Brook/GGG that day. Class line up.  :frantic:

A win in this game would really underline the club's intentions to win promotion this season and strike fear into our rivals. It won't be easy and we have a poor record there but its there to be won.

The following game at QPR is also a real tough one too so not losing either would be quite acceptable for me.

A win in this game would really underline the club's intentions to win promotion this season and strike fear into our rivals. It won't be easy and we have a poor record there but its there to be won.

The following game at QPR is also a real tough one too so not losing either would be quite acceptable for me.

4 points from the next two would be a good return.

We should beat these. If we don't then we haven't performed we ll enough (obviously). If the players work hard and do all they can then we will win, there's no doubt about it. Not sure we're going to win though, that's a different thing. We need to be ruthless and get a proper winning mentality going. And that's not gonna happen if we're happy with a point away to Derby. If we're gonna be the Big Boys in this league then we should act like it :thup: