Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

As much as I think we need a host of new players, keeping him gives us an option on the wing, for a reasonable price, without adding to the feeling that we're completely decimating a winning squad.

Your new avatar :lol: :anguish: :lol:

You can't deny the bond that was made Yesterday mate. We're blood brothers now. #RESPECT

Looked impressive in those highlights from the Barnsley game. Perpaps he's starting to find his feet and feeling settled and at home. Definitely a keeper. Having said that we still need at least one left sided winger. Think Atsu's best position is on the right anyway.

I'm not sure how long the buy out clause is active for, I'm sure they are still making up their mind on him but maybe it's already too late to get him for the fee that was agreed.

We've got to remember also that he scored a hugely important goal against Preston, took over from Ritchie (whom many on here believe was our player of the year) in the last two games and we won both comfortably and he was a major part in that. Honestly for the fee we should have bitten their hands off.

Can it be too late when the window isn't even open?

Will probably depends on the terms of the loan, It's likely though the loan ends at the end of the season, which for us was Sunday however when we drew up the loan agreement I am sure we would have factored in the playoffs, the final is what 3 weeks away, I don't know. So maybe there is more time or maybe as you said the loan runs until the end of the window, which is what June 30th ?

He's a good prospect at £6m. If we were spending much more than that we'd probably go the whole hog and buy the finished article. If we want him I'm sure a deal can be struck.

I'm not.  He spent most of the year behind Gouffran and was mainly used without Ritchie in the team.  Rafa will look to sign players he can trust to play every week and he clearly didn't trust Atsu to.

I'm not.  He spent most of the year behind Gouffran and was mainly used without Ritchie in the team.  Rafa will look to sign players he can trust to play every week and he clearly didn't trust Atsu to.

If he thinks he can do better, that's fine by me.

Keith Downie  ?‏ @SkySports_Keith  3 minutes ago

Newcastle are in talks with Christian Atsu about making his season-long loan from Chelsea permanent for £6.2m - could be first summer buy.