Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Good player good signing. Hes good with his feet and is probably one of the few players we have in the squad that can open up a tight game with close control. Variety in Rafa's rotation seems like a great idea to me. Chelsea made it easy with smaller size players this year so in Rafa we trust.

Really good that we've looked to wrap this one up quickly.

Definitely think that Atsu's performances in the last dozen games or so (from Brighton away onwards) won him the move, like.

Good stuff. Happy for the player as much as anyone. Applied himself well and earned his first proper contract where he'll have the chance to settle and develop under a great manager.

The bit about developing under a great manager is key like. I have no doubt that Rafa must have seen enough to think he can work with him to get him producing consistently.

Seemed to be better on the right than the left. Competition for Ritchie but I think we still could do with two in on the other flank, given Aarons' injury record

I think you just have to go into a season expecting Aarons to miss all of it now. Not that he's good enough to with as a starter anyway.

Seemed to be better on the right than the left. Competition for Ritchie but I think we still could do with two in on the other flank, given Aarons' injury record

I think you just have to go into a season expecting Aarons to miss all of it now. Not that he's good enough to with as a starter anyway.

:thup:

Looks like we are going to be very proactive in this window, no hanging about.

By signing a player we already had ahead of the end of the time period we had for first option on him?

Most of our activity won't be happening until late June/July, like most clubs. We will possibly be making signings earlier than we usually do but I wouldn't expect anymore incomings in the next 4-6 weeks.

By signing a player we already had ahead of the end of the time period we had for first option on him?

Most of our activity won't be happening until late June/July, like most clubs. We will possibly be making signings earlier than we usually do but I wouldn't expect anymore incomings in the next 4-6 weeks.

Bet we do. Not literally bet though.

You've got to admit that's pretty sharpish for us  :lol:

Can Tsunami f*** back off to the 1990's the absolute dinosaur.

Show me where I've advocated any support for the long ball game. If Atsu plays all season with either Anita or Yedlin at full back then we'll be in for a long long season. People have either not been to the actual games or played to any standard if they can't or simply don't want to understand my point. Either way looks like he's signing so  we'll see.

Why are you talking about Anita?

Because Championship teams have been hitting long diagonal balls attacking our right hand side having identified it as a weakness and to be fair they've had some fairly cheap success as a result. There's people on here making smart arse comments who believe that Atsu is 5ft 8 and therefore isn't that small and that a combination of him in front of Anita/ Yedlin would be fine in the PL. To me that would be inviting trouble.

Anyway looks like he's signing, hopefully as back up (unless we strengthen behind him and he progresses) but I just hope that the 6M we spend doesn't stop us buying quality down the line.

Wish I could f*** off back to the '90's, I had a great time.

This exploitation has little to do with height and more to do with awful positioning, often from Anita being caught out of position and them exploiting the space in behind.

I'm sure we'll sign players quickly if we can, it's completely a two way thing though. I'm sure most clubs with sense would want to have things done as quick as possible if they can.

Not us for the past 10 years, well, apart from the odd exception.

I'm sure we'll sign players quickly if we can, it's completely a two way thing though. I'm sure most clubs with sense would want to have things done as quick as possible if they can.

Well yeah i'm assuming Rafa will make sure that changes. :lol:

Guest taps01

Well yeah i'm assuming Rafa will make sure that changes. :lol:

Every manager always talks about signing players before pre season starts to help bed them in but vary rarely does it happen.  Think most of our signings last summer were after July 1st.