Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Guest chopey

Wijnaldum and Krul are hardly deadbeats. :lol:

I'd agree with Krul but Wijnaldum would of had more calf strains and ankle knocks in this division than you could shake a stick at.

Wijnaldum and Krul are hardly deadbeats. :lol:

I'd agree with Krul but Wijnaldum would of had more calf strains and ankle knocks in this division than you could shake a stick at.

Thats not what you said though.

Also any reason to believe from what we've seen that Hanley or Clarke or better than Colo at this level ? I don't mean from the the limited viewing for us either.

They both seem to have some semblance of interest in playing for NUFC and mild athleticism, so they are improvements in that sense.

Also any reason to believe from what we've seen that Hanley or Clarke or better than Colo at this level ? I don't mean from the the limited viewing for us either.

They both seem to have some semblance of interest in playing for NUFC and mild athleticism, so they are improvements in that sense.

Yet neanderthals when on the ball and incapable of reading the game. We've spent 10mill on standing still. I could understand just about buying one of them....why 2 ?

Yet neanderthals when on the ball and incapable of reading the game. We've spent 10mill on standing still. I could understand just about buying one of them....why 2 ?

Because we potentially have about 50 competitive games to play this season?

Against teams with much smaller squads and I've already siad I'd have kept Mbabu instead of one of them two.  Think about it, over 10million on back up players, two players neither you or I would put in our starting XI yet it seems like we'll "get by" up front, creatively in the middle and out wide. Still think we'll cruise promotion by the way, but we'll spend more and be less prepared than we should be. Purely my opinion.

I'd probably take them over Taylor and Coloccini aye. Probably going to be available a lot more than them too.

Against teams with much smaller squads and I've already siad I'd have kept Mbabu instead of one of them two.  Think about it, over 10million on back up players, two players neither you or I would put in our starting XI yet it seems like we'll "get by" up front, creatively in the middle and out wide. Still think we'll cruise promotion by the way, but we'll spend more and be less prepared than we should be. Purely my opinion.

My take on this is that Rafa only wants players here who are committed to playing for NUFC, as a good team spirit will be essential for getting promoted. Most of the players we have let go including many of the loans would be a significant cut above the championship but if they don't want to be here then lets get rid. We've lost a significant amount of quality but the players we have want to play for us.

Colo had given up on NUFC by the end of last season (I personally think it may be to do with how Jonas was treated here). I do think some of the players we've loaned out such as thauvin or saviet (or even tiote in this division) could have been kept but if they didn't want to play for us then I think its sensible to get rid. In some ways it will be nice to have a fresh start with a new squad as the bad atmosphere that has been at the club for the last couple of years, mainly due to miss-management, may be easier to change.

It's still so early to be judging players. The theory behind signings like Hanley, Clark and Murphy is sound enough; committed, experienced pros who provide cover and competition. I wouldn't believe anyone on this board who claimed to have seen any of those players enough times to form a solid judgement of them. And even if you had - things can change when players pull on another team's shirt. None of those guys have featured for longer than one game.

I am disappointed that we've not made one more marquee signing; a player who really puts us a cut above. Ritchie is the only one that looks like such a player, and hopefully Gayle's form will continue as well. But Rafa has chosen to spread the budget over a number of players; to some extent choosing quantity-over-quality, and I'm not going to argue with his methods. It'll take time for the squad to gel but you can already see after a couple of wins that we're getting a bit of swagger.

To refer to Murphy specifically... aye, it's a bit disappointing that we haven't brought in a quality striker who is going to assure us of goals. But look at the Leon Best signing back in January of the promotion season. He was garbage but fucking hell, his presence didn't half bring Carroll on.

Aye, Best was a non entity in our promotion IMO. He did well in the Prem.

I'm also not sure why its so outlandish that people have seen Clark, Hanley and Murphy play enough to make a judgement. These guys must have about 600 appearances in British football between them plus 20+ caps each for Scotland and Ireland.

I've seen all of them enough to not rate them, and know for a fact they'll be no good as PL players. Down here, however, they'll be near the top echelons in terms of quality.

I hate it when people say we haven't brought in a striker that can assure us goals.

We signed Gayle who is clearly our goal scorer. We also have Mitrovic and Perez who will score plenty.

Then if all else fails, as a last resort we have unglamorous backup who can score in this division as a 4th choice.

I hate it when people say we haven't brought in a striker that can assure us goals.

We signed Gayle who is clearly our goal scorer. We also have Mitrovic and Perez who will score plenty.

Then if all else fails, as a last resort we have unglamorous backup who can score in this division as a 4th choice.

Murphy is clearly ahead of Perez like.

Always heard he was a good player but he couldnt get into Evertons team that much and then didnt get into Bournemouths at all. Played a bit for Malaga at the end of last season.

Speed demon though, much like this Lazaar and Yedlin.

I don't think the signing of Best affected Carroll in any way, like.

Why? So, the fact Carroll suddenly had competition for his place had nothing to do with him getting his arse in gear? Of course it did.

I know, I know, Wayne Routledge or something.

You're basing this on the concept that Rafa is incapable of improving a players performance? I'd guess he's looking for certain attributes in these players & believes he can bring the best out of them or that they fulfill certain criteria. Clark's been coached by who recently, Sherwood? Paul Lambert? You dont think he can learn from Benitez? He's bought two so we have cover. Mbabu looked class when I saw him, but he played fullback why would he cover a central position? He's gone on loan to a side that routinely get into Europe, hows that not good for his development?

Leicester City have just won the Premiership with Robert Huth and Westley Morgan, man.

With MBEMBA we have more technical ability in central defence than most teams in England anyway.

Leicester City have just won the Premiership with Robert Huth and Wesley Morgan, man.

With Mbiwa we have more technical ability in central defence than most teams in England anyway.

Racist. Reported to the polis.